Looking For A 500 Nitro Or Bigger & Big Bore No1s

Papabear55

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
As the title says, im looking for a 500 nitro or bigger, and any assorted big bore no1s. Preferably with reloading equipment

trapperP43

Reaction score
Any interest in Ruger No 1 in 45/70? If so, post me back.
Best regards,
trapperP

geoff rath

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title says, im looking for a 500 nitro or bigger, and any assorted big bore no1s. Preferably with reloading equipment
If you REALLY want to go "big" in a Ruger No 1, check out Gary Reeder's website , reedercustomguns.com. He has developed 583 and 61o caliber "wildcats" for the No 1, based on the 577 Snider case. They push 550 grain hard cast gas check projectiles out at a bit under 2000 fps. Mr Reeder would be the most prolific wildcat cartridge/rifle/handgun builder today.
I just wish I could get just one of his pieces .... or more ....:love::love::love:

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting Reports
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
I have a Ruger #1 in 458 Lott if interested send me a PM.

Mike Vieaux

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I don't know if you are still looking but have 416 rigby with 1300 bullets, 110 new brass and 40 loaded and 10 looked like once fired, but I believe not out of this gun I believe its unified. If interested in all am willing to negotiate a price for all.

c bradley

Reaction score
Media
have i hollis 800x3inch 570 gr dont believe its been fired

IMG_7717.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting Reports
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
have i hollis 800x3inch 570 gr dont believe its been fired

View attachment 259962
To the contrary, @c bradley that gun has been circulating for awhile and I saw it a few years ago offered by an estate for sale. The gun was heavily used and then reworked extensively in the modern era. The modern/contemporary rose and yellow gold inlay work happened much later in the gun's life. It may not have even been a 500x3" NE when originally made. If you look closely at the gun you can see the voids and scuffs in the metal that are evidence of its long service life before it was fully polished, engraved, and blued in a modern style.

It is a very pretty gun so I in no way want to diminish that fact, its just not a "new, or never used" gun in original condition, it's a remanufactured, re-engraved modern work of art.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Hunting Reports
Articles
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Stalker91

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
I've got a .500 nitro cased with ammo. Its an English (London) sidelock with stunning wood, only made 5 years ago. PM me if your interested

ChrisG

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NAHC, NRA, Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation.
Hunted
USA, Canada
My local Gun shop has a Craig Boddington series Ruger No.1 in .450 NE with dies and brass. $2,500 + Shipping to you.

Latest profile posts

ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.
On the ocean or in the bush .
On the ocean or in the bush.