Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Seth got his official acceptance letter today. He’s soooo excited! Guns up!!!!

2DF70AA5-8DED-4E5B-9E3A-7958DB7F0DA0.jpeg
4573D884-D1CF-47C4-8376-A61135BEDE6A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Seth!

Guns Up my friend!

Exciting times - Congrats!

Congrats to Seth!

My younger son is a graduate of Texas Tech. He had a great experience and got an excellent education which has resulted in a successful career. Texas Tech is good to their students.

This is a great opportunity, make the most of it!

Congratulations!

Wonderful! Congratulations Seth! All that work was well worth it! You have made your parents proud !

Here is a Dad story about Texas Tech. So my son is graduating with a degree from Texas Tech. So I am thinking what is a good graduation gift? Texas Tech's motto is "guns up" so a .45 Colt single action would be appropriate. My Cowboy Action friends say buy a Ruger. A Ruger Vaquero at the local gun store is going for over $700. So I go to Gunbroker and there are several around $375. I have bought alot of stuff on ebay but ebay has like 900 million users so you can't expect to sneak a bid through without someone out bidding you. So I bid on all three pistols. Well, no one else bid, so I ended up with all three! My son got one, I have one, and I sold one to a buddy. My son loves his and I love mine, it's a happy ending.

A personal note to Seth -

I was a freshman at University of Texas and there was a guy I went to High School with whose Dad was a professor at UT. His Dad had a formula to make the Dean's list. The formula was never miss class for any reason, sickness whatever. The other part was study three hours a day Monday through Friday.

I bucked this program and did not make the Dean's list. Once I followed it I made it every semester.

I preached this with my sons. My older son played football at Ole Miss and made all SEC Academic and 3rd Team All American Academic. He graduated from South Texas Law School and has an fantastic career.

My younger son played football at University of Houston but transferred to Texas Tech. He followed this guideline and made the Dean's list.
My wish for you is you do the same. We are rooting for you!

GUNS UP! Congrats to the young man. My son graduates in May from TT, great school and area.

I’m about 10 min from the TTU campus. Let me know if he ever needs anything!

Congrats!

Congratulations! God’s richest blessings on your future!

Congrats, exciting times!

Outstanding news, congrats!!!!!

Thank you all so much, this is a huge opportunity for him. Found out last night he will be on the traveling team for Texas Tech shooting. That’s huuuuge! I can’t tell y’all how much all of your well wishes mean to him. He may not have been able to have met all of you but many of you have followed him since he was a little boy and some have contributed to his shooting in huge ways. From the bottom of the Grimland family’s heart thank all of you so very much.

A personal note to Seth -

I was a freshman at University of Texas and there was a guy I went to High School with whose Dad was a professor at UT. His Dad had a formula to make the Dean's list. The formula was never miss class for any reason, sickness whatever. The other part was study three hours a day Monday through Friday.

I bucked this program and did not make the Dean's list. Once I followed it I made it every semester.

I preached this with my sons. My older son played football at Ole Miss and made all SEC Academic and 3rd Team All American Academic. He graduated from South Texas Law School and has an fantastic career.

My younger son played football at University of Houston but transferred to Texas Tech. He followed this guideline and made the Dean's list.
My wish for you is you do the same. We are rooting for you!
I will relay this to him today.
I’m about 10 min from the TTU campus. Let me know if he ever needs anything!
Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.

Guns Up Raiders!

Outstanding. Says a lot of good things about Dad as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg