Locking ammo cans for travel?

I use a Pelican 1200 as an ammo carrier for all of my hunting trips. Flying international, I keep my ammo, rangefinder, rifle cleaning kit, earplugs, torque wrench for scopes/actions, lens pen, and leatherman in that case. Basically, everything related to loading, repairing, maintaining, or sighting my rifles is in that case.

https://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1200...1532031194&sr=1-1&keywords=pelican+1220+green
Ditto...I also packed some miscellaneous stuff in with the ammo.

I picked this case up at a local Harbor Freight store for around $15.00 if memory serves. I finally got around to seeing what it would hold. I am always looking for ways to save on space in checked bags. This size case is about perfect for three factory size boxes of .416 Remington. Had to remove top and bottom foam to close lid.
DSC03318.jpg
DSC03317.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently returned from a trip to Botswana routing through JoBurg. I was not required to pull the Ammo case out of my duffel bag on either SAA flight. I did go prepared to do so with a locking boyt (pelican style) case. You never know what you’re going to get in JoBurg!

I had to open mine (Pelican 1200) when I got to Tanzania, on the way out they counted my ammo and weighed it also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg