Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Canada,
I will be hunting in Limpopo for 10 days. Any suggestions for attractions within a few hours of Louis Trichardt for my wife. Any must sees. I know it is not a tourist area. What would there be for her to do besides hunt?

Last edited by a moderator:
When we hunted Limpopo back in 2012, we went to a preserve and rode in the back of elephants, and also went to a lion preserve and played with a 3 month old albino lion cub. My wife and I had a blast on both trips.

1663984650464.jpeg

Mapungubwe National Park is a neat place if you have some time. There is a lookout where you can stand and see Botswana, Zim and RSA in one view, quite scenic with the Limpopo below and Shasha in the distance.
I was quite taken with it.

Krueger Natl Park not too far away. May want to consider. Seek advice from your outfitter, sure they would have some good local knowledge and information of the area.

@Justbryan Bossie can arrange to rent a car for you as well as book lodging in Kruger to visit there. You can drive over yourself if you wish and tour the park at your leisure. I suggest going in to the North.. Visit Crooks Corner then work South...

Back South just a short drive on that main highway is the Mall of the North or something like that in Polokwane. Nice modern shopping center. It is all the way around town and a bit out of town but the Protea hotel is very nice. Or it was years ago anyway;)

We did Kruger on our first trip with Bossie. This time we are staying a few days in Sabi Sands. We also did the elephant ride.

I will look into Lion encounter. Thanks. Any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mapangubwe. Also some spa’s in the area.

Do a side trip to Victoria Falls or fly down to Cape Town after the hunt to spend a few days. See the Cape and other things in the area. Then fly home from there.

I will be hunting in Limpopo for 10 days. Any suggestions for attractions within a few hours of Louis Trichardt for my wife. Any must sees. I know it is not a tourist area. What would there be for her to do besides hunt?
Louis Trichardt was my hometown for a couple of years. Often we went to Kruger, sometimes we visited the hot bath with the name of Tshipise, very nice, or should I say it used to be very nice, haven‘t been there for years. It‘s on the way to Mussina.
Outside of Louis Trichardt starts a beautiful hiking trail. One walks through tree plantation up to the indigenous forest. The area is called Hanglip. Polokwane you can ignore, unless you are fond of Malema, because there is his home.
Otherwise there isn‘t much to do, except hunting of course.

I spent a few months in the Army based at Louis Trichard, attractions were mostly teenage girls and places with cheap beer.
;)
This was also looong ago. Our base was at the top of Hanglip, electronic warfare.
Nothing close apart from great hunting camps, one of my troops in the army actually owned a farm over there, would not be surprised if you are not hunting with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,