Lightweight .375 H&H

My Rifles, Inc. Strata, .375 H&H. Haven't weighed it, but my best guess is about 6 lbs. bare. A dream to shoot and did fine on last year's brown bear hunt.

IMG_0521.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
They are quite light. Is that a .375h&h?

Not really painful. It's just a fast recoil. You can wrap your thumb over the barrel and C clamp it. It becomes quite manageable at that point even with the rudest of .375's. The limb saver does a good job.


Yes, it's a single shot 375 H&H.
 
Is that a factory or aftermarket barrel? I have the Pro Hunter in stainless .375H&H. It's quite the company on a rainy day.
Factory. They made them in 26" blued and 26" stainless
 
This thread got me curious, so today I learned that my Sauer 90 wearing a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 and sling comes in right at 9 pounds 1 ounce. I don't know how to explain it but it "feels" lighter than that to me though.
 
This thread got me curious, so today I learned that my Sauer 90 wearing a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 and sling comes in right at 9 pounds 1 ounce. I don't know how to explain it but it "feels" lighter than that to me though.
Is that weight fully loaded?
 
Used my synthetic stock 375 h&h Browning Abolt on everything from duikers to a 206 yard shot on this LDE with @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS im Cameroon. I used 260 grain accubonds. Leupold Vx5 on top. I’ve used 300gr Aframes on buffalo also. Love the gun.

IMG_5949.jpeg
IMG_5802.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice concept, but with a modern build I would have chambered for a modern cartridge, like the .375 Ruger or .375 WSM. Somehow, it seems wrong to be feeding an H&H into Synthetic and carbon... no offense intended... it will work wonderfully, I am sure.
 
Nice concept, but with a modern build I would have chambered for a modern cartridge, like the .375 Ruger or .375 WSM. Somehow, it seems wrong to be feeding an H&H into Synthetic and carbon... no offense intended... it will work wonderfully, I am sure.
Man, I have not been offended since I was in elementary school. :-). If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t change a thing.
 
Man, I have not been offended since I was in elementary school. :-). If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t change a thing.
Gun-nutters are a quirky bunch... we build stuff that only makes sense to us, and we can only justify it to ourselves using complicated mental gymnastics... been there done that... doing it again as I type this... lol.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,264
Messages
1,570,984
Members
169,213
Latest member
Gamenextdoor
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top