Letter from TBSA addressing the land issue and safety in South Africa

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PHASA, Dec 22, 2018.

1. ActionBob

ActionBob AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA life, DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia
    Not sure why Ethanol makes a difference to me. I see it as a bad use of taxpayer money to subsidize anything like that on such large scale. IMO Ethanol was another a big politically correct lie. Perhaps it makes a bit more sense now that the industry has finally been forced to find ways to be more efficient. But in the beginning it was typical government accounting. Made no sense to me from an environmental or macro economic standpoint.

MAdcox, Steel Candy and Royal27 like this.

2. ActionBob

ActionBob AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA life, DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia
    This!

I do can foresee changes happening and some of those friends' in Africa having their situations disrupted, and some becoming even more successful as they adapt to new paradigms.

However Africa will still be there. And those experiences of a lifetime along with the precious memories that are created will still be available for a long time to come. "Africa" is a lot bigger and wilder than just South Africa, or any one nation for that matter.

I have good friends in South Africa that I pray stay safe and successful. However my personal bucket list includes places beyond there and is ever changing as African politics eb and tide.

MAdcox and johnnyblues like this.

3. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    When the hunting regulations started being written by lawyers and could only be understood by other lawyers, I stopped hunting in WA. Too much BS and too many restrictions.

Steel Candy, Hank2211 and ActionBob like this.

4. crudeoildude

crudeoildude AH Veteran

Member of:
    nra bow hunters of wyo
    when they stop subsidizing the farmers you wont be able to afford to buy groceries .everyone bitches about Mexican labor stealing so much work but when the farmers starts paying 15 dollars an hour for labor we will pay about 6 bucks a pint for strawberries or such its all relative we want cheap food and not pay for high labor but it wont work that way

5. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    We pay it one way or the other. Govt doesn't really subsidize farmers or any other industry,, WE DO.

MAdcox likes this.

6. Karoo Wild Safaris

Karoo Wild Safaris SPONSOR Since 2016 AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    ECGMA, PHASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
    Here’s an update on the draft bill. In its current form it holds no concern for ordinary farmers or landowners. Agri SA has sought clarity on the Land Tenure on as its interpretation could mean issues for a few landowners. I think it’s important to remember that the state has 4000 undistributed properties and is in many more failed land reform projects. This isn’t a Zimbabwe style land grab.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/e...-be-expropriated-without-compensation-2018-12

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019
    jeff likes this.

7. flatwater bill

flatwater bill AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA endowment member/Life member
    Hunted:
    NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
    Hunting Operators are in a tough spot on this issue. Deny it, and the world does nothing to help. Emphasize it and lose clients and livelihood. Hiding one's head in the sand doesn't help anyone: "Africa will still be there"? Yeah, the continent will still be there, but hunting may not. Look at Kenya. No, don't think that hunting in Africa is simply evolving to a new paradigm. That new paradigm could well include no hunting. Hunt Africa now. Hunt it often. Don't wait until things are just right at home. They never will be. Be aware of the issues, support your African friends, but plan your hunt now. Just in case.......................FWB

8. steve white

steve white AH Senior Member

Member of:
    dallas safari club, mannlicher collectors assoc., era
    Hunted:
    Cape buffalo, plains game
    We don't need to just hunt down terrorists--maybe we should hunt the truly corrupt leaders who, like Mugabe, trash their own countries! It wouldn't hurt to see some sanction on "political criminal" behavior. I am sure sick of seeing the same persons with their hand out for US foreign aid. Maybe hit them in their personal pocket books. "If they won't see the light, at least they can feel the heat."

flatwater bill likes this.