Let's talk Ibex hunting

The more I look into this, the more appealing Kyrgyzstan sounds.

I better book an Ibex hunt because they start to be priced like our Big Horns.

Sent you a PM. But I remember when Dall sheep hunts were 10 to 12k. So now is probably the time to book it.
 
Boddington, in an ibex article, quoted one of his favorite guides who said all the big ibex are in Kyrgyzstan.

I've listened to a bunch of podcasts now on the Tajik & Kyrg hunts and keep hearing of this 20h+ drive in to the hunting areas. That sounds exhausting after flying halfway around the world to get there. Maybe someone that has hunted either country could chime in on the process of getting from the airport to each respective hunting area.

Is the drive/ride into the hunting area in Kyrgyzstan a shorter trip than going to Tajikistan?

If you're flying from North America it looks like you first go to Istanbul Turkey which about 11h flight from the east coast.

From there you would fly to Bishkek if hunting in Kyrgyzstan (another 5h+).

If going to Tajikistan it looks like Istanbul to Dushanbe is the same 5h+ flight.
Have experience in both countries. Air travel is very lengthy to either country and comparable in time as they aren't far from each other. The trip from airports to camp ultimately depends on what area you're hunting and what you're hunting for in general. One time we rode a full day to a remote camp (and took a monster ibex).

Good to do your research for-sure in what type of hunting you like.
 
If hunting Tajikistan in the Pamirs it is 20 hours on some shitty roads. I had a buddy do this trip last year and said it is by far the worst part of the trip. There is another range in Tajikistan which is Bucharan (check my spelling) but it is 6 to 7 hours, not as high elevation but steeper and has smaller ibex on average (you are talking like 2 inches)

Kyrgyzstan varies - heard 6 to 12 hours depending on the area. I have heard talk of premier areas but not sure how accurate it is.

Your flights are spot on. 10 hours to Istanbul (11 coming back) and 5 hours to Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan or Kazakhstan...Mongolia is about 8.
I've hunted in the better areas of Kyrgz. It's accurate to say there are "ok" and "premier" areas.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,952
Members
169,660
Latest member
nikitawati
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top