Let's see some Zebra pics

I too wasn't sure about hunting a zebra. But after chasing one for 2 days I respected how elusive a quarry he was. Here's my stallion from the Limpopo region of SA in 2022.

20220530_102931.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Image1740232803.621944.jpg


Very elusive and one of the more difficult PG animals I hunted.
 
@Kevin375
It appears you shot all the zebras in Africa so I may have to change my plans to hyena this summer. :LOL:
 
@Kevin375
It appears you shot all the zebras in Africa so I may have to change my plans to hyena this summer. :LOL:
Don't worry, I have left a couple of them for my next trips and for my fellows as well :giggle:
The last one I saw through my scope ;)
0.jpg

But if you have the opportunity, do not hesitate to try Hyena hunting. These critters are just incredible.
 
A Zebra wasn't on my "list" on my first trip to Africa. On the last day of that hunt I accompanied one of the other guys in our group who unsuccessfully tried to get one, and we saw how elusive they were.

Then in the years between my 1st and 2nd African hunts, I thought about how iconic they were to Africa, so one was high on my wish list for my 2nd hunt.
IMG_6221.jpeg

I brought the backskin back and incorporated it in the panels cherry wood pedestal that I made for that mount.
IMG_6222.jpeg
]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Many hunters refuse to hunt zebras during their first hunting trip because they compare them to horses. But once they have seen how wary this animal can be in the wild, many hunters change their mind.
I love hunting zebras and it is one of my favourite plains game with wildebeests and elands. I was extremely lucky to have hunted many of Burchell and Hartmann zebras. Once, I tried the Chapman in the Caprivi, but we failed to find the right stallion.
I would say I find the skin of the Hartmann more beautiful if I have to choose between both. But what I like with the Burchell is the huge difference of patterns.
Here are some of my zebras.

View attachment 667048View attachment 667049View attachment 667050View attachment 667051View attachment 667052View attachment 667053View attachment 667054View attachment 667055View attachment 667056View attachment 667057View attachment 667058View attachment 667059View attachment 667060
You have done well with the zebra. I agree they are very fun to hunt and will try and take one on every safari going forward!
 
A couple of Chapman’s from the Caprivi and the b&w photo is a Hartmann’s. I have yet to meet an African game animal whose company I did not enjoy at the dinner table, but zebra is the best in my opinion. Great on the plate and a challenge to hunt…or at least mine have been!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6849.jpeg
    IMG_6849.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    646.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    939.2 KB · Views: 140
Interesting thread, if for nothing else it is a reminder of how hunting the same critter in different areas and conditions can vary so much. I and my hunting partner each took a zebra in the Chobe river plains in Caprivi (wild, no fences) in October of last year, it was a very easy "hunt". They were not wary, and incredibly easy to get within scoped rifle range. The hardest part of the "hunt" was choosing which stallion to shoot. To make it more challenging, I took mine with my PHs 500 NE double with iron sights. It seems like in more heavily hunted areas they are a much more difficult proposition. This one was dirty from rolling on burnt ground.
resizezebra2copy.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,264
Members
169,515
Latest member
RubyeShead
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top