Leopard Import Time

slam8031

AH elite
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
1,238
Reaction score
1,850
Location
sc, usa
Media
61
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Member of
NRA, SCI, NWTF
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Colorado, New Mexico, NC, SC
I have a few questions for those fortunate hunters of leopards in the post COVID world--
1) once you completed the USFWS paperwork, how long until you received confirmation or receipt of CITES tag to proceed with shipping?
2) did you use e forms or send in snail mail paperwork?
3) did you use a service to complete info with USFWS or did you do the paperwork yourself?

I have completed the e forms and payment last week and the package is waiting at @Yellow Shark Logistics in Namibia to ship!! I did not use a service for the paperwork. Thanks in advance!!
 
I have a few questions for those fortunate hunters of leopards in the post COVID world--
1) once you completed the USFWS paperwork, how long until you received confirmation or receipt of CITES tag to proceed with shipping?
2) did you use e forms or send in snail mail paperwork?
3) did you use a service to complete info with USFWS or did you do the paperwork yourself?

I have completed the e forms and payment last week and the package is waiting at @Yellow Shark Logistics in Namibia to ship!! I did not use a service for the paperwork. Thanks in advance!!

Submission to approval on my import permit was roughly 6 months. Wyatt at Safari Specialty Importers says is about normal. He said he has seen them come back as quick as 3 months and as long as 9 but most come back around the 6 month mark. SSI did my paperwork online and submitted online. Good Luck!
 
Thanks for the info!!!
 
I have a few questions for those fortunate hunters of leopards in the post COVID world--
1) once you completed the USFWS paperwork, how long until you received confirmation or receipt of CITES tag to proceed with shipping?
2) did you use e forms or send in snail mail paperwork?
3) did you use a service to complete info with USFWS or did you do the paperwork yourself?

I have completed the e forms and payment last week and the package is waiting at @Yellow Shark Logistics in Namibia to ship!! I did not use a service for the paperwork. Thanks in advance!!
It took me about 5 months to get it. I did it myself by snail mail. I wish I had done it ahead of time. On my next leopard hunt I will go ahead and apply just before I go. I wind how others have fared.
 
Submission to approval on my import permit was roughly 6 months. Wyatt at Safari Specialty Importers says is about normal. He said he has seen them come back as quick as 3 months and as long as 9 but most come back around the 6 month mark. SSI did my paperwork online and submitted online. Good Luck!
That is good to know that they did it for you. Most importers just tell you to do it yourself. I’ve not done the online form and wonder how that works now. I should have asked John Jackson at SCI. He helped me get my lion and is a real pro. I encourage everyone to donate to Conservation Force as this is how they operate and help hunters get stuff imported.
 
I have a few questions for those fortunate hunters of leopards in the post COVID world--
1) once you completed the USFWS paperwork, how long until you received confirmation or receipt of CITES tag to proceed with shipping?
2) did you use e forms or send in snail mail paperwork?
3) did you use a service to complete info with USFWS or did you do the paperwork yourself?

I have completed the e forms and payment last week and the package is waiting at @Yellow Shark Logistics in Namibia to ship!! I did not use a service for the paperwork. Thanks in advance!!
I used the ladies at D&L CHB out of Chicago for the filings. They e-filed in August I think. Just heard from USF&W in December asking for additional information about the skull size. I waited until last week and emailed the lady who asked for the additional info to confirm she had received my info via email. Low and behold I got an answer back from her two days later thanking me for the information and that my applicants now in final review.
I have been told that some people have been waiting a year.

All the best to you in getting a leopard trophy home. Everybody tells me to just be patient.
Charlie
 
Hope all works out for you with the permits. I used yellow shark for my plains game shipments from Namibia. It all worked out but i had a few months delay over the Dec holiday period after my small crate was delivered to airport. Frustrating but all worked out. I had Pieter call them to check on things.
 
The e file was easy to complete. But I continue to think someone like conservation force or perhaps an import group would have been useful to employ for the ‘just in case’ scenario. Time will tell. Kings Taxidermy was easy to communicate with and Yellowshark has been great so far as well. I harvested the leopard in early November 2021. Kings taxidermy had processed the leopard, hartmans zebra. Dik dik and spring bok before the 5 th of January 2022 and Yellowshark took delivery of the dip and pack before 10th of January 2022.
let’s go!!!
I had to attach the copies of the harvest record to the e file as a PDF but that I wasn’t overtly difficult either.
 
as of two hours ago, my E permit was changed to pending. Jan 22 2022 was the date i submitted (or close to it). I received an email this morning stating it was "pending.' Maybe it gets here soon!!! 2.5 months almost to the date to get to this point.
 
as of two hours ago, my E permit was changed to pending. Jan 22 2022 was the date i submitted (or close to it). I received an email this morning stating it was "pending.' Maybe it gets here soon!!! 2.5 months almost to the date to get to this point.
Seems like your experience is very similar to mine. I think you will get the permit soon
 
Hope you are correct!
 
I did mine before the hunt. Had to have it extended by USFWS once due to a delay in Mozambique but it was easy to get more time from USFWS.
 
So this morning, my permit went from pending to issued! I applied to e permit on 21 Jan 22. Last week (first full week in April) they sent a request for skull measurements which I responded to via email the same day. So from start to issue was under 80 days! Now to get the items across the pond…
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,139
Members
169,905
Latest member
Vaughn9005
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top