Leopard Hunt - Recommendations

All,

Please recommend a leopard hunt outfitter in South Africa or Namibia.

Thankyou.

How about Zimbabwe?

Biggest leopards on the planet are in the SW of Zimbabwe. Vaughan Whitehead Wilson and Garth Adams of Mapassa Safaris. They are hunting out of Paddy "Bloodnut" Curtis' old lodge in the Marshlands. Bloodnut I believe killed the #1 and #3 all time from that camp.

They presently have 47 different leopards inventoried from film using an AI model that can detect each individual.

All,

Please recommend a leopard hunt outfitter in South Africa or Namibia.

Thankyou.

Okay I am no expert but this is what I was told by a very experience no BS PH who DOES NOT need the business, so he's not going to lie.

Nice cats are all over Africa. You can be guaranteed to get a shot in Tanzania (pricey), Zambia L Valley where I'm headed next year and he told me cats in Namibia can get up around the 180lb mark because they feed on a lot of cattle in certain places.

I picked Zambia because I've hunted there before on the river and the place is just wild wild wild and beautiful.

Okay I am no expert but this is what I was told by a very experience no BS PH who DOES NOT need the business, so he's not going to lie.

Nice cats are all over Africa. You can be guaranteed to get a shot in Tanzania (pricey), Zambia L Valley where I'm headed next year and he told me cats in Namibia can get up around the 180lb mark because they feed on a lot of cattle in certain places.

I picked Zambia because I've hunted there before on the river and the place is just wild wild wild and beautiful.

Not trying to be argumentative, but do you have any sources for your claims of “where the biggest cats live?”.

When I looked at the record books, I thought the #1 and #3 all-time were from SW Zimbabwe?

Not trying to be argumentative, but do you have any sources for your claims of “where the biggest cats live?”.

When I looked at the record books, I thought the #1 and #3 all-time were from SW Zimbabwe?
I was unaware that anything taken in Zim has broken the 19” mark. Largest one I had known of prior was 18 & 8/16”. Zim has produced numerous 18” cats from the Mangwe area, Shangani, BVC.

Mike Fell seems to have taken quite a few breaking the 18” mark over the past few seasons in Maswa, Tanz.

I hunted with Nick Nolte in Namibia. the man knows leopard and has a very good success rate. feel free to Pm me if you would like more details.

I am headed over to Namibia June 15 2023 to hunt Leopard and a few plain game for 14 days with Nick Nolte. The shipper I use when they land in the US tells me she sees lots of Leopards coming from him. His operation seems to be First Class. Everyone always tells me good things about him and his operation.

I was unaware that anything taken in Zim has broken the 19” mark. Largest one I had known of prior was 18 & 8/16”. Zim has produced numerous 18” cats from the Mangwe area, Shangani, BVC.

Mike Fell seems to have taken quite a few breaking the 18” mark over the past few seasons in Maswa, Tanz.

My mangwe cat was somewhere in that area and it was a large but not huge one according to my PH. Pretty sure he’s had several over 19”, 200lbs.

Let me get some facts together on this.

My mangwe cat was somewhere in that area and it was a large but not huge one according to my PH. Pretty sure he’s had several over 19”, 200lbs.

Let me get some facts together on this.
I spend most of my time bait hunting cats, granted as of late in the Niassa reserve which has the highest population/success rate of pretty much anywhere in Africa.
We are not allowed to hound hunt and I’ve never been a fan…
Note we have ton of leopard but the do not weight what these in the last few posts weigh..

But that’s not what the post is about. I have taken a substantial number of leopards with the largest being 198lbs several in the 180’s lbs range but there always seems to be a huge gap getting from mid 180’s - 190’s…. Such cats are VERY, VERY, few and VERY VERY. Far between no matter where you hunt.

That is quite a statement if you have taken multiples over the 200lbs mark I’d love to see physical proof of that. No one else I know has, one here and maybe another in a 30 - 40 year career hunting prime areas and well over 200 leopards deep.

Would be interesting so see.
My best always

Chui has always fascinated me; possibly even more dangerous than Leo; the professionals here will put me right. One would need a good double, or a bolt rifle (9.3X62 and up?) with quality softs, methinks. Two weeks as well to ensure the "job" is done properly....

Namibia is about $5000 cheaper than Zim. The Downside is Leopards in Namibia must be taken in daylight hours.

Nick Nolte Namibia. He doesn't advertise much - doesn't need to do so.

I would go with Norman Crooks (The Cat Man) https://www.pro-saf.com/ You don't want to make two or three trips for One Leopard!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg