Lee Enfield Sporter

Bos Javanicus

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand
Here are a couple of photos of a LE that I have been playing with for a while. I have a bit of a passion for Lee Speeds. I have one original Lee Speed Sporter which will stay that way and another barreled action which is going to get a complete restoration from the ground up. I have a lovely piece of Franquette Walnut put aside for this one. I also have a Lee Enfield again in a sporter stock I made in 303/25, this one sports a period correct Pecar 4 power scope.
Unfortunately I am very time poor nowadays working in Indonesia and I don't get back to Australia as often as I would like, being away from home for a month at a time is no fun.
Anyway have a look and I hope you like what I've done so far.

IMG_2802.jpg

Wow! Love it!

Very nice! I've got a soft spot for Lee Enfields, shot my first deer with one, although it was a Jungle Carbine.

Love mine as well! It is my “Ghost and the Darkness” rifle ( see that movie if you haven’t). Mine shoots better than my eyes can see, and doesn’t have near the furniture that lovely thing will have.

Yes a few of us love the Lee Enfield and the Lee Speed Bos. I have built many of the LS styled stocks and finished them for 303's, 35/303, 375/303 and my 400 LS which is the 405 Winchester case shortened .2 and altered the magazine to single stack.
400 Lee Speed.png
303 to 400.png

Mine in 303. I have got a nice 5 shot magazine for it now
BSA 303 Lee Speed.png

Photo2416.jpg

Photo2417.jpg

Last edited:
the .303 rifles were my first victims to be put under the hack saw as they were so cheap(9.00-14.00 USD) in 1959. I got the dumb shit award from the military collectors in our small town for three years running and for three years I got the best customer award from the local hardware stores, for buying the most sand paper-emery paper-hacksaw blades- steelwool-quarts of lindseed oil-3 in 1 oil. i get sick today just thinking about the crimes I committed against those helpless rifles with the help I got from gun rags of the times. as my income grew I moved up to mausers-springfields and spared none. to get forgiveness for the crimes of my youth I have since tried to save military rifles from table top butchers when I can.

I like it! That wood is nice too!

Here are a couple of photos of a LE that I have been playing with for a while. I have a bit of a passion for Lee Speeds. I have one original Lee Speed Sporter which will stay that way and another barreled action which is going to get a complete restoration from the ground up. I have a lovely piece of Franquette Walnut put aside for this one. I also have a Lee Enfield again in a sporter stock I made in 303/25, this one sports a period correct Pecar 4 power scope.
Unfortunately I am very time poor nowadays working in Indonesia and I don't get back to Australia as often as I would like, being away from home for a month at a time is no fun.

View attachment 293530
Bos
A truly beautiful Lee Enfield. I've always table a soft spot for the rifle and am rarely without one.
The 25/303 is a very underrated cartridge they will do everything the 243 will.
Cheers
Bob

to get forgiveness for the crimes of my youth I have since tried to save military rifles from table top butchers when I can.
If you still have any of those sporterized Enfields, and decide to seek forgiveness for the crimes of your youth by selling them cheap, give me a shout!

That is how I found it at the LGS. Only thing I have done to it was use some stock buff to wipe of years of grime and shoot it. It has a wonderful smell to it, hard to describe. It came with the ten round mag, but I have since fitted two 5 rounders to it. Love this old rifle.
Got it for a song and I cant carry a tune in a bucket.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek:

That smell is called history, it always smells good!
Its smells to me like a place I have never been, an old English gun room. I can see it behind glass doors in the gun cabinet, with the smell of brandy and expensive pipe tobacco and cigars in the room; the rooms walls adorned with the heads of game animals from Africa and India.
Corny, but that's what this rifle speaks to me of.

Here are a couple of photos of a LE that I have been playing with for a while. I have a bit of a passion for Lee Speeds. I have one original Lee Speed Sporter which will stay that way and another Jbarreled action which is going to get a complete restoration from the ground up. I have a lovely piece of Franquette Walnut put aside for this one. I also have a Lee Enfield again in a sporter stock I made in 303/25, this one sports a period correct Pecar 4 power scope.

View attachment 293530
@Bos Javanicus
Man that is,a beautiful rifle. Did you have the action and trigger guard chrome plated or is it polished in the white without the blueing.
Bob

Very nice! I've got a soft spot for Lee Enfields, shot my first deer with one, although it was a Jungle Carbine.
@ stug
The jungle carbine is the for runner of the modern scout rifle but had one BIG problem.
It had the worst designed recoil pad ever inflicted on man. It made th e rifle feel like you were getting kicked b y a mule every time you touched it off.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg