Kimber Caprivi

A Caprivi can be had for $2800-$2900 if you shop. A Dakota with a $5000 msrp can be had around $3600.

A really nice win 70 pre-64 375 can be had for ~$2000.

A really nice win 70 pre-64 375 can be had for ~$2000.

The next time you come across a really nice pre-64 M70 in .375 that you don't buy yourself, please let me know about it, I'll buy it immediately.

I was wondering if any of you own or have any experience with the Kimber Caprivi. I'm looking for a 375H&H and this is one of the recommendation I got.
I have a Kimber Caprivi for sale. 375 H&H. Very clean. No damage or issues with rifle. Check my post.

Not the same arena, but I have owned 2 Kimber. The first , a Montana in 243 which will put 3 shots into 1 1/4" at 200 yards. I love it for my walking varmint/antelope/deer gun. The second a 308 Classic Supreme...beautiful wood! I was afraid to take it hunting, but did kill a decent black bear. It would put 3 165gr Sierras into 5/8" @100yards. A good friend talked me out of it.
I couldn't find a Kimber Talkeetna locally, so I bought a Montana Rifles in 375 H&H. It will put 3 250 gr Barnes TTSX in 1/2" consistently. I am very happy so far.

@PHOENIX PHIL I'll keep my eye out.

Don't forget to search for a 1950s Cogswell in 375, those too are reasonable and sublime shooters.

Kinda awesome and kinda sad that supergrade listed above. Does it have a soul if it was bought as a collectible and never used? I'd love to see it with some carry wear and a smiling hunter holding it.

For $10k I'd rather go on a nice hunt and use my old Remy 78 in 30-06.
They can steal your possessions, but no one can steal an experience.

Guess I'm dreaming of Paw Prints night hunt .

Phil,
If you don't mind, pick up two of those and bring mine to DSC! With an extra 10k, I would buy this Caprivi and go hunt a sable.

The rifle looks great in the pics, but worth no where near $10,000 IMO! $10,000 will buy a lot of rifle, but sorry, this isn't it.

For $10k I'd rather go on a nice hunt and use my old Remy 78 in 30-06.

Kinda awesome and kinda sad that supergrade listed above. Does it have a soul if it was bought as a collectible and never used? I'd love to see it with some carry wear and a smiling hunter holding it.

I agree completely with all the above. I posted the link as a sort of of "tongue-in-cheek" post after perusing the GunBroker classifieds for Pre-64 Win M70's in 375 H&H. Phil's request had me wondering what a Pre-64 Win M70 in 375 H&H would go for these days...

Value is completely up to the buyer I suppose, but I agree that I would not pay $10,000 for a Pre-64 Win M70 in 375 H&H despite the fact that it's unfired, and NIB (although I'm not sure how much the safe dings to the stock would/should discount the offer). The potential buyer is paying for the rarity of the rifle's caliber, condition, etc., and thus the collectors value I suppose.....

Having said all of this, it's hard for me to cast stones at someone who might buy this rifle, in that I have spent a lot of money on rifles that probably weren't a good value, but I liked them. The bottom line is that I if it makes the buyer happy, I guess it's OK?

However, if I'm gonna spend $10K+ on a rifle I would want a complete custom that fits me like a glove, looks great, and shoots like a dream. But that's just me.......

Hard to beat a Ruger guide rifle in 375. Shoot great and very reasonable price wise. I have one it shoots great.

If I'm putting 10000 grand towards a rifle, it would be Heym double.

If I'm putting 10000 grand towards a rifle, it would be Heym double

Have you seen the new Heym 89B. There's a thread on it here and elsewhere. I've seen few action pics, etc, as well as the new video out. Man o man, now that's a sweet looking double with sexy lines like a fine British double....

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but......

I’ve got a base model kimber in 6.5 creedmore it’s not quite 7 pounds loaded with a synthetic stock. It’s got a trijicon 3-9-40mm with the tritium reticule. I think I paid 800$ for it and 480 for the scope. The action is a Mauser copy basically controlled feed and made Specifically for the cartridge. One of the best shooting and carrying rifles I’ve ever owned. It shoots everything I’ve tried less than an inch. I think of it as a hunters rifle (made to pack). Judging It against other rifles in that price range And caliber it’s a dream and well worth the price. I don’t think you can go wrong choosing a kimber based on my experience with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg