Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia
I was in Americana Arms today in Beeville, TX and saw this gun on consignment. I have no financial interest in the gun or the sale. I just thought a member might be interested.
Image1675976636.300321.jpg
IMG_3059.JPG

The Ruger below it looks like a good deal too!

Beautiful rifle, in a wonderful caliber! A great scope on it too!

I looked for a year and half for that exact setup before my Namibian hunt. Ended up with a very nice Ruger RSM in 375H&H and am very pleased with it. But dang I wish I had budget for a 2nd 375. I love that Caprivi.

I have it’s twin..also in 375 H&H. I’m very pleased with it. Shoots straight and looks good.

Must...
Not...
Buy....

Just look away. Nobody needs more than one 375 H&H do they??? Help me out guys. I am sure you will all remind me that nobody needs more than one .375 H&H.... (please)

Beeville cant be big enough to worry about that lol
I am always stunned that people that live on the internet...don't use the internet....

I never heard of this place until I read this just now.

1675984959751.png

Must...
Not...
Buy....

Just look away. Nobody needs more than one 375 H&H do they??? Help me out guys. I am sure you will all remind me that nobody needs more than one .375 H&H.... (please)

I only need one, but you need two.

Oh dang, can’t stop by there on my way south to the lease…..that thing would follow me home.

Back up 375 rifle is always a good boy scout way of being prepared.
I like the way you think....I can justify it now. Kind of...

I’ve got 375 x 3, I sure don’t need 2 of my 3
Seriously I have fought off the urge to by a 2nd .375 multiple times. But for me it is a matter of function.

I have a Model 70 Super Express. It is a great gun. Great looking, shoots easy since it weighs 10lbs scoped, loaded and with a sling. It screams "Africa" which is why I bought it a couple decades before I ever hunted DG...or was even sure I would. I just wanted to.

But I would hate to take that gun in really shitty weather, like bear hunting in Alaska...rain, salt spray, banging thorough wet vegetation etc. Or Moose hunting in Newfoundland.

I long for a .375 in Stainless with a synthetic stock that is practical if not "beautiful". I wouldn't abuse it, but it would low maintenance compare to my Super Express. And lighter. Want something more in the 8.5-9 lb range all in even if it thumps a little more. I mean, you carry them more than you shoot them and other than getting the scope sighted in on the bench, you are shooting from more recoil tolerant positions. I don't shoot guns bigger than a .300 prone

Must...
Not...
Buy....

That's what I was thinking, so I had one turned into a 458 Lott. Now the other two look lonely in the safe without their buddy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaitlynBou

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you