Kimber Caprivi 375 H&H

My talkeetna is more of a hybrid crf/push as I understand it. It pushes the cartridge forward then controls the cartridge as it is chambering. It does not control from the beginning of the stroke. It has a large Mauser extractor but doesn't control the cartridge as much as my Interarms Mark X. I'm also assuming that the talkeetna is the same as the caprivi, just stainless and synthetic. (Both are kimber 8400 actions)

It is still pushing at this point but the cartridge does come up underneath not snap over so looks like crf to me
20230212_190003.jpg

It is still pushing at this point but the cartridge does come up underneath not snap over so looks like crf to meView attachment 516999
Definitely CRF.

If the rim of a cartridge slides under the extractor (thus enabling the bolt to gain control of the cartridge it is CRF. If a cartridge must be chambered so the extractor can snap over the rim in order for the bolt to gain control of the cartridge it is a PF action.

If a bolt has a plunger ejector and/or the cartridge cannot slide under the extractor it is a PF action.

Some rifles, I believe Ruger was like this for a while(?), have/had Mauser type extractors but they had plunger ejectors and I believe the bolt face was also recessed, thus preventing the rim of the cartridge from sliding under the extractor. That is a push feed action.

So the presence of a Mauser type extractor is no guarantee of CRF and the absence of a Mauser type extractor does not guarantee an action is not CRF. Mannlicher Schoenauers and Sako 85 actions are both examples of CRF actions without the Mauser extractor

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinVvw21

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.