Franco

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
DSC, SCI
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Hello, I just found this site yesterday; I am packing up and heading home after almost 2 months of hunting in Zim and Zambia.

This trip had a few disappointments, but was overall both exciting and rewarding.

In Zim I got a baboon, kudu, waterbuck, a few impala, zebra, and a nice old bull elephant.

In Zambia I got another baboon, bushbuck, 2 crocs, hartebeest, 2 hippos, hyena, impala, kudu, lion, sable, 2 warthogs, and a waterbuck.

There were some very intense moments. The elephant was close up in thick brush and trees, the lion was laying in the grass 40 yds away from the bait when we went to build the blind - that led to a 25 minute stare down waiting for him to stand up, and one of the hippos was point blank as he came straight up out of the water to climb onshore.

Looking forward to the next one.

Welcome to AH! Wow 2 months of hunting in Africa, please share more about your adventures!

Welcome to AH Franco, that is quite a list you got! Well done, please post pictures.

Congrats on the “starter Safari”

Look forward to more of your posts!

HH

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH Franco! Glad you found us.

Hello, I just found this site yesterday; I am packing up and heading home after almost 2 months of hunting in Zim and Zambia.

This trip had a few disappointments, but was overall both exciting and rewarding.

In Zim I got a baboon, kudu, waterbuck, a few impala, zebra, and a nice old bull elephant.

In Zambia I got another baboon, bushbuck, 2 crocs, hartebeest, 2 hippos, hyena, impala, kudu, lion, sable, 2 warthogs, and a waterbuck.

There were some very intense moments. The elephant was close up in thick brush and trees, the lion was laying in the grass 40 yds away from the bait when we went to build the blind - that led to a 25 minute stare down waiting for him to stand up, and one of the hippos was point blank as he came straight up out of the water to climb onshore.

Looking forward to the next one.
Congrats! Please post some pictures. We would all enjoy them.

Greetings Franco,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I do hope that you will festoon the forum pages very soon, with hunt reports and photos.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Heck of a list you got there. Congrats on your Safari and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to AH and the posting side! Great to have you here, and we look forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome toAH considering the time you were able to spend in two great destination, I wonder what the dissapointments could possibly be.

Lon

Wow! Great first safari! Look forward to hearing more about it and seeing some photos.

Welcome aboard @Franco. Like others have suggested, please post pictures, and a more detailed hunt report. (y) (y)

Welcome. It sounds like a great hunt. Many of us wish that we could do what you were able to do. Congratulations to you. Like has been mentioned some pictures would be welcome. Some additional hunt details would be excellent also.
Bruce

Welcome to AH and congrats on your Safari!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AurelioBri

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.