July Safari is almost here! Last min tips please!

Photos - take more photos than you ever taken before - and then take more. And not just the "hero" shots. Close up portraits of trackers and skinners - the birds - your accommodations - anything and everything - the cook - the dogs - a close up of the best bottle of lager that you have ever had in your life. Keep a log - faithfully. When you get home, sign up with Shutterfly and build a photo/journal album which will be a treasure in your family for generations.

I love that advice. I think I will do just that as I'm always curious about bullet performance on different animals. I'll see how many we can recover out of the 12-14 animals we take.

I would spend time with the skinners as the worked on my animals after the hunt. They got to know my affinity for tracking the path of the bullet through the animal that after supper when I came to see them they would tell me all about how the bullet travelled through the animal and give me the bullet if they found it.

Dear Itsheets
Be reminded to inform your credit card company of your travel arrangements...
And take in every minute since time is flying by very fast.
Save travels and straight shooting.
Ansie

Get a good pair of noise cancelling headsets. Bose are good. I don't get on a plane without them. Extra battery too.

Let me know how ur flight is and how dullas is woth firearms and whatnot? Im taken same flight july 30th!

American in Dallas sucked with dealing with Rifles. Dulles has a weird layout but they were much better dealing with firearms. Currently I'm sitting at the gate waiting to bored my flight. If I have enough service to post updates out there I'll start a new thread in the Hunting section. If not, I'll do a long write up when I get home in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

Just take notes and write it up when you get back.

Have fun.

Don't like the sound of any of that. He is getting a kick back from this place I would bet and does that to scare guys in to using them. I sent you a Pm
Hey Getting ready to leave on Tuesday for South Africa. Do you have any recommendations on who to use for Taxidermy?

Hey Getting ready to leave on Tuesday for South Africa. Do you have any recommendations on who to use for Taxidermy?
What's the closest city to your hunt? I use Marakalalo Trophies in Blomfontein.

What's the closest city to your hunt? I use Marakalalo Trophies in Blomfontein.

I will have to check. I know we are 3 hours outside of Joburg

The place I use in the east cape so not in the area you will be in. I have my stuff shipped there no matter were I hunt in SA though. They have a facebook Page only RELIVE Taxidermy.

Working on a full hunt write up but wanted to post this pic for those who've been involved in this thread. I'll post a link to the writeup once it's posted!

Attachments

• 35348394504_d527a149b1_k.jpg
    35348394504_d527a149b1_k.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there is going to be a good long hunt report on the way.
I think the list was filled.

The list was more than filled haha. That pic is missing my Impala and Davis' Zebra along with the other couple's 10 animals. Davis ended up using money his mom wanted him to use for the trip to pay for it all (due to his dad passing away this became a memorial hunt), so he was able to shoot anything he wanted along with adding Sable and Cape Buffalo. It was an unreal trip. The hunting report will be quite long but i'm working on it currently during a slow day at work haha.

About time you wrote the report! Glad you had an awesome trip.

Looks like a great time was had! Congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg