Jorge Noya Argentina - Help with outfitter please

Ohh I see, maybe you are rigth, I knew about to retrictions over USA......anyway I gonna check again with a brocker here just in case for you, maybe no problem with Canada....!!!!!

I will let you know Dereck....!!!!

Derek, make sure that transiting the US does not invoke US regulations (insanity) or your trophy may be stopped/confiscated in the US. A really expensive frustration and surprise.

Derek, make sure that transiting the US does not invoke US regulations (insanity) or your trophy may be stopped/confiscated in the US. A really expensive frustration and surprise.

Wayne....I have sent a PM to Derek with the right info, after I had talked with my Broker in Buenos Aires but He doesnt answer yet.....I hope He got the PM.

The Broket Deer trophie is not able to be exported to any Country untill this moment......no problem with Axis or Blackbuck.

Rocket, I just wanted to give Derek the heads up about issues about importation through a transit country.

Thanks for the info about the Broket exportation restriction.

Last edited:
I am currently corresponding with Jorge Noyas assistant or someone claiming to be him. I emailed the link on Caza & Safaris and it went to jorgenestornoya@gmail.com. this email does not correspond with the email listed on the website.

To further complicate matters, I have now found 2 websites with different emails and addresses that both claim to be Jorge Noya and have the same exact info right down to all assistants and guides listed and are identical.

http://www.cazaysafarisargentina.com/argentina_big_game_hunts_about_us.html
http://www.hunt-argentina.com.ar/argentina_wingshooting_about_us.htm

To further complicate things Tomas is not listed as an assistant.

Can anyone offer some info that may lead me in the right direction? One of these guys is the real and reputable outfitter but how to tell which??? And may Tomas be someone who pirated the contact link?

So many hurdles to jump when researching these outfitters lol

Any help is appreciated.
Derek

Derek,

It looks like your about to get another continent under your belt. Congratulations.

I like your six continents quest.(y) I might have to follow your example one day.

All the best.

Marisa,
You might remember me by my picture. My name is Wes Reagan. Leo was my PH on the trip.
wreagan@sbcglobal.net

Email sent to jorgenestornoya@gmail.com w/copy of 2009 email.

Hi Wes, Thank you for show you to us. Now I remember you. Regarding to my records your cape was sent ok, but your taxidermist said the opposite. Sometimes they do their own business. I´m not blaming any taxidermist in particular, just saying that things like that happened. Then, after a few emails I didn´t receive an answer from you and we talk again.

As I told you here... we are going to take care of this situation, because we always do, and get you a new cape. Bad references are not good for our business and we keep working after 35 years thanks to the good ones.

I apologize for all the inconvience.

Regards,

Marisa Dovrtel
Caza & Safaris Argentina Manager
Ph. +5411 4797-2291 / +5411 47111669
www.cazaysafarisargentina.com
jorgenestornoya@gmail.com
consultas@cazaysafarisargentina.com
info@cazaysafaris.com.ar

It's the one the thing about taxidermy. It is impossible to see bacteria without a swab or microscope.
The result only shows up after the tanning is attempted, unless the cape is in complete visible ruination.

It also makes sense that a cape left on an animal in the sun/heat and not removed immediately in hot temperature would have huge issues when it hits the tannery and might just look fine at your place.

So, who's fault is it?
The Outfitter blames the Taxidermist, the taxidermist blames the Outfitter.
Who gets stuck in the middle?
The hunter.

Marisa, I hope you can help Wes out.

Brickburn,
You are to be commended sir for all the help you give to people on this site. You have answered questions without any hesitation and done research on others behalf. Thank you for that you do.

Diamondhitch.....PM sent.

Thanks Rocket, I will certainly take that under advisement.

Good call Wayne. I never really even thought about that but that could be an issue with shipments from south America. I wonder what they have down there that wouldn't be allowed to transit?

Derek,

It looks like your about to get another continent under your belt. Congratulations.

I like your six continents quest.(y) I might have to follow your example one day.

All the best.

Ya Ive really been banging them off, I must really want to get back to Africa. :) This is the most fun bucket list item I could have dreamt up.

It's the one the thing about taxidermy. It is impossible to see bacteria without a swab or microscope.
The result only shows up after the tanning is attempted, unless the cape is in complete visible ruination.

It also makes sense that a cape left on an animal in the sun/heat and not removed immediately in hot temperature would have huge issues when it hits the tannery and might just look fine at your place.

So, who's fault is it?
The Outfitter blames the Taxidermist, the taxidermist blames the Outfitter.
Who gets stuck in the middle?
The hunter.

Marisa, I hope you can help Wes out.

Exactly right. Decomposition starts immediately after death and is accelerated by heat (and sun), moisture and presence of bodily fluids such as blood (which are also beginning to decay). Once salted the hair is set even on a marginal cape but often is lost during the rehydration/tanning steps.

How the animal is treated in the first few hours following death plays a huge role in the quality of the finished piece. Caping, fleshing and salting immediately takes the exact same amount of time as it would after putting it off for any amount of time. It is best just to get it out of the way as soon as practically possible.

I hunted with TGB outfitters in 2015. Or guide Nacho had previously guided for Jorge Noya and he told me to avoid hunting with him if I ever return to hunt in Argentina. Just letting you know.

One of our clients from Wisconsin hunted with El Carrizal in Argentina and had very good things to say about Carlos, his operation and the quality of the experience. I haven't hunted Argentina personally but if you're interested in hunting there perhaps you could make contact with them.

http://estanciaelcarrizal.com

@adgunner ,
Here is a hunter looking for a Blackbuck hunt. Care to share your details with him? As far as I can remember, one of the AH members helped him set it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg