Johnny Blues safari taxidermy progress

Funny gizmo was just telling me, you know that Royal is nuts.! More teeth.....pfhhhh
youll wonder wear the yellow went when you brush your teeth with pepsident.
 
Gizmo, I hope you don’t have to put up with this for all your clients! You’d be worn out!:eek:
Phil you don’t know the half of it! Lmao. I think I’m wearing him out though.....He used to like to talk to me now I hear some hesitation in his voice.:LOL:
 
Ok gents. The pedestal is done, I start the mounting of the buff tomorrow. There is one more unique thing about that base that I won’t show y’all yet until the piece is completed but here is the concept anyway.
C5860982-88C9-4F10-8EEF-043727DCE6DD.jpeg
AC5EF095-60B5-4DD1-9CD8-04C836C2F7F7.jpeg
D198E3DD-2CD4-4FFB-8D98-DC25648B6518.jpeg
506DB8AB-00FC-49F8-A9CD-E86D7D4C82E7.jpeg
99AC8703-6771-4BEC-993B-5ACF90878546.jpeg
E2BC7F57-DDE3-415C-94B7-466A03029294.jpeg
B574001D-FBA0-46A4-8A71-B83D2F32B397.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gizmo already let me in on it! There is a stripper with a birthday cake that pops out! Sorry to ruin the surprise guys. Now you know what is taking so long, not easy paying attention to mounting a cape buff when there is a stripper in the shop!
 
Gizmo already let me in on it! There is a stripper with a birthday cake that pops out! Sorry to ruin the surprise guys. Now you know what is taking so long, not easy paying attention to mounting a cape buff when there is a stripper in the shop!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Secerets out!
 
Gizmo already let me in on it! There is a stripper with a birthday cake that pops out! Sorry to ruin the surprise guys. Now you know what is taking so long, not easy paying attention to mounting a cape buff when there is a stripper in the shop!
Where does the this birthday cake pop out of?:P Gorgeous: :E Blush:

Don't the strippers usually pop out of the cake? :K Booby:
 
Where does the this birthday cake pop out of?:P Gorgeous: :E Blush:

Don't the strippers usually pop out of the cake? :K Booby:
Bob, you know I can’t give away the whole thing and take the spotlight from Erik!
 
I'm not in the camp of loving the mask, but sure do love that base with the ferns inside and plants on the top;)

I'm just hoping the stripper is not so ugly she needs to wear that mask:cautious:
 
I'm not in the camp of loving the mask, but sure do love that base with the ferns inside and plants on the top;)

I'm just hoping the stripper is not so ugly she needs to wear that mask:cautious:
you guessed it.
 
Ok boys Erik is about half way done on the buffalo, sent me what’s app pictures that were well into the night. He’s really burning the midnight candle. Hopefully we will have the final pictures posted soon. Thank you my friend for all the hard and extra work your doing that we have not shared here. You have certainly earned my respect.
 
Sorry it’s been a while since I posted. We’ve had a bit of an indigestion moment but back on track now. I knew the buff cape had some problems as the tannery had notified me of it. I didn’t however realize the extant of how bad the cape was until I started prepping it to mount. With a crap ton of effort and a few prayers we are back on track and all’s going well.

This is what I had to work with
807D375E-EE48-4238-8E61-7AED1F1A11B4.jpeg
A8D90232-ECC2-4C3C-AA7C-BECE0DB2EBE7.jpeg
42EF16C0-3109-4A15-A0DB-B731DC4C561C.jpeg
90262DFF-34CA-47D6-B65D-1FFF9F13000C.jpeg


i got it mounted last night, worked until about 0300 this morning on it.
F0C22B38-D231-41B2-A971-CE78CFCEB2B2.jpeg
53DEA596-E493-4CE2-86A1-2C5A5167253A.jpeg
D9BC9624-7075-493A-901B-709003F52E89.jpeg
CEB6C38B-F3C1-4CDE-A1BB-56B16591BA23.jpeg


I’ve worked all day on it and while we’re still a long way from being done the repairs are going well
12763F26-DC90-4446-A297-5B74AD37DA6A.jpeg
7306B0B0-5AB3-41A9-898C-0C4BFB90818A.jpeg
3716C783-C136-4A04-AD25-75503D71CF3F.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Looking good! Man that started out like a jigsaw puzzle! All the pieces are falling into place.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,660
Members
169,803
Latest member
inohuscomm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top