Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
B&C, DSC
Hunted
US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
I just left our new mega gun store/indoor shooting range and lo and behold there stood the legend himself, John Sharp. I must have visited with him for an hour. He was very impressive, and seemed like a genuinely nice guy, He will be selling his book Facing Down Fear in the store tomorrow from 10-2pm so I'll run back over there and pick up a copy or two. If someone is looking for a copy, let me know and we'll see how to get you one while he's here.

Question: Is there a more certifiable badasss than African PH John Sharp?

Question: Is there a more certifiable badasss than African PH John Sharp?

Chuck Norris, Hulk Hogan or maybe Rambo. Mix in a little Willie Nelson.

I hunted for 10 days with John in the BVC. While his outward look is a rough and tumble kind of guy, his personality and demeanor is more like James Bond, Sean Connery version.

Not gonna lie.

I have been meeting with and communicating with John for about 3 years now.

The dude is awesome...I love him like a brother.

I absolutely cannot wait to spend 12 days with him in the BVC.

Think about it. 12 days in the BVC with John Sharp and Cody @Bullthrower338. Heaven on earth! :)

Glad you got some quality time with him. Now you know why I was in nirvana after my 3 hour dinner with him last week.

Anyone who thinks they may want to hunt with John...get busy making a plan!

Definitely one of the most humble gentlemen I have met in this line of work. A lot of PH’s will sell you how bad ass they are. The real ones seem to be like John. I have found it is easy to pick a bullshitter out of a crowd, there is nothing I find disingenuous in John Sharp!

LOL!!! I can’t wait to read that hunt report!!!
I’m hoping there will be TWO hunt reports. Should be very interesting to see how closely they match up! :ROFLMAO:
Although I am sure they will be highly redacted ;) Ya know, to protect the innocent
:E Lol:
And to the OP. No, I don’t think there is :)

Probably never meet the guy, but I sure did enjoy the book and he does sound like the real deal.

While his outward look is a rough and tumble kind of guy, his personality and demeanor is more like James Bond, Sean Connery version.

Except when he jumps in the water to grab a croc, or starts playing with Puff Adders. :)

I would imagine he is a bit more careful around those snakes after nearly losing his life to one. We saw lots of them in Namibia in 2017. Weird looking snake, short and fat.

I would imagine he is a bit more careful around those snakes after nearly losing his life to one. We saw lots of them in Namibia in 2017. Weird looking snake, short and fat.

I saw one in SA...yes, very fat.

I was in the Cruiser, so no danger from that one.

Should I ever see another, after having read about John's encounter, I do believe I will give a wide berth!

I didn’t have anything to prove by taking a picture with a live puff adder!

AA4C6113-AC2F-4289-8E6E-BF870D0B1F25.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!!! I can’t wait to read that hunt report!!!

It is going to be EPIC!

Film at 11. Not yet rated by the Motion Picture Association.

:)

Met and Spoke to John for some time at SCI in Vegas a couple years back neat guy!!!

Thank you guys for your very kind words.
I am who I am and I love what I do - what more can I say?
I'm living my dream and I would love to share a part of it with you.
My book? Well that is just another part of the dream that became a reality.

Welcome aboard John, glad to have you!

Cheers,
Cody

He is a great guy and an iconic Professional Hunter...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg