Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
FINALLY made it over to Abeline today and got fitted for both a custom pair of western boots and a pair of their safari boots...

The people were incredibly friendly, and the shop owner (the guy who makes ALL of their boots..) was super helpful and informative.. He walked me through several options for some custom stitching I was interested in.. all the different heel options and what would be best for my intended purposes, etc.. overall it was a very positive experience..

Its a basic west texas boot shop.. nothing at all like the ML Leddy shop near the stockyards in Ft. Worth.. No salespeople on the floor, not extravagance, etc.. just a clerk working the register and keeping the shop clean/running, and the boot maker/owner..

But overall I was pretty impressed with it all..

When I called them several weeks ago I was told to expect 90 days for turn around... which I thought was exceptional since everyone else I considered was 6 months to 18 months.. (ML Leddy was 12 months minimum).. today I was told "it will be much faster than that" (90 days).. but no firm commitment on how soon they will be ready..

When I pick up the boots, pics will follow..

Pretty excited right now though.. He had several very nice looking boots on the shelf.. he clearly is an exceptional maker.. combine that with really good service that I experienced.. great turn around time promised.. and outstanding pricing compared to others I considered.. and I think this is going to be a very nice experience...
I am ready to get some boots made as well. I could not find a working website for them. What phone number did you find for them? Website?
Thanks,
Philip

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
Their website is down.. I actually talked to them about it.. small shop.. and they literally just werent tracking it.. he was supposed to be calling godaddy and getting it turned back "on" again.. apparently they let their domain expire or something.. I dont think its any indicator of any financial difficulty or anything.. he had a TON of shoes and boots he was working on.. plenty of business.. I think he truly just wasnt paying attention to the domain.. and now he is scrambling to get it back up..

Contact info is:

Address: 1602 N Treadaway Blvd, Abilene, TX 79601

Phone: (325) 677-7811

Last edited by a moderator:

jpr9954

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.onlygunsandmoney.com
Member of
NRA, SAF
Their website is down.. I actually talked to them about it.. small shop.. and they literally just werent tracking it.. he was supposed to be calling godaddy and getting it turned back "on" again.. apparently they let their domain expire or something.. I dont think its any indicator of any financial difficulty or anything.. he had a TON of shoes and boots he was working on.. plenty of business.. I think he truly just wasnt paying attention to the domain.. and now he is scrambling to get it back up..

Contact info is:

Address: 1602 N Treadaway Blvd, Abilene, TX 79601

Phone: (325) 677-7811
I'd be very interested in hearing how your safari boots turned out. I hope to head to Texas in September and would make a trip to Abilene to get measured for these boots if they turn out as well as anticipated.

My feet have gotten wider as I've gotten older and I have neuropathy so fit and comfort are key.

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
Best pair of hunting boots I ever owned where Courtney safari double kudu leather. Cannot afford another pair.

I now use Tarzan Waxis(ancle high) as issued to Special forces when I was there. They served me well when I was there and now do again.

At US 60 they are hard to beat for value...

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
For $60 I may have to look for a pair when I am in SA in July... that’s quite a bargain for any quality hunting boot...

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
Yip if they are good enough for our special forces they are good enough for me...

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
Screenshot_20210227-224523_Chrome.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NelleBruns

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.