Jaguarundi Sighted in Texas!

Has TP&W seen it ? There have been other reports in the area which were never confirmed. The area is also the last habitat in Texas for ocelot.

Never heard of that cat, thanks for sharing !

What a neat opportunity for her. This is really cool.

Thanks for the post.

Has TP&W seen it ? There have been other reports in the area which were never confirmed.

This could be great news except it comes from the same people who gave us the…

46b7300cda71f66f709800b3b4ef61e1.jpg

Really cool.....

Agree with @buck wild that it should be shared with TPW if it hasn't been. Having it truly confirmed would be awesome.

This could be great news except it comes from the same people who gave us the…

View attachment 248980

Everyone should know that this one is a fake, there are no Jackalope's in Texas. They are native to Wyoming and can't stand the heat down in Texas.

My old neighbor, now deceased, told a story of calling one up in the 70’s. Another friend a bit north of me saw one about 5 years ago. They are around especially south Texas but very elusive.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

That is very cool if it proves to be a jaguarundi, would love to see one in the wild.

We have a game camera out on the path so hopefully we will catch more pictures of it. Rest assured, if we do I will post them!

My old neighbor, now deceased, told a story of calling one up in the 70’s. Another friend a bit north of me saw one about 5 years ago. They are around especially south Texas but very elusive.

I remember a book I had when I was a kid written by John Wooters about hunting in Texas and there was a picture of a Jaguarundi that had been called in and shot. Of course this was more than 40 years ago and prior to being listed.

It looks like a young skinny Cougar. Interesting sighting. (y)
Hope you get more pictures and confirmation on yaguarundi. It will be great.
(From the first telephone video, I think is not, I'm afraid)

Wow, very nice feline. I noticed no tail on this cat. (y)

We’ve had a game camera on the trail for a week and no further photos. My son is studying in the School of Agriculture studying Range and Wildlife Management at Texas A & M Kingsville. He has sent the video to a Professor who is doing research on Ocelots in South Texas so we are awaitng his opinion of the video.

Stay tuned!

Wow, very nice feline. I noticed no tail on this cat. (y)
If you look closely right at the end when he turns away you can see the base of the tail. The cat is carrying his tail very low while walking.

If you look closely right at the end when he turns away you can see the base of the tail. The cat is carrying his tail very low while walking.
Very cool video. Looked like it was stalking something.
I couldn't see the tail either. Is it long tailed or short tailed? With a short tail I would have assumed it was a bobcat but couldn't see it that well on my small screen.

Sorry, just followed your link- long tail. Very cool animal, I think I have seen one in OKC Zoo

Charles Darwin, the English naturalist, best known for his contribution to the evolution science ("On the Origin of Species"),
edited a book name "Zoology of the Voyage of the HMS Beagle under the command of Captain Fitz Roy R.N. during the years 1832 to 1836", where he describes the creatures he found in such trip.
The book includes this picture of the Yaguarundi.
yaguarundi Darwin.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg