Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Previous threads indicated Woodleigh would tentatively be back in production towards the end of the year (2023.) Has anyone gotten an email or spoken to the owner about their current status? I'm looking for some 500 Gr. PP (s) in 458. Now that Huntington Die Specialties has gone out of business will there be any vendors other than the larger supply houses stocking them?

their last update on the web page about this was 21 August, so I doubt they're back yet.

Geoff is back in production, his first major production run was to fulfil a contractual obligation with a major ammo company. Not all the dies could be restored so the there will be some styles that won't re-appear in the immediate future. He's currently doing a run of 458 cal projectiles. I believe the 400gr PPSN are among the current batch, don't now about the 500gr PPSN. I'm expecting some to arrive next week, fingers crossed.

I just bought 950 of the .474 500gn RNSN. Which apparently were new production. There are a few showing up in some of the Australian shops now…
Hanging out for the 300gn .375 in HD to be produced again

Previous threads indicated Woodleigh would tentatively be back in production towards the end of the year (2023.) Has anyone gotten an email or spoken to the owner about their current status? I'm looking for some 500 Gr. PP (s) in 458. Now that Huntington Die Specialties has gone out of business will there be any vendors other than the larger supply houses stocking them?

Yes. And I know a guy who is trying to help find a replacement for Huntington’s.

I would also like some 480 gr 458s with the cannelure set for the win mag.

@Shootist43
Art I was talking to Geoff's wife a few weeks back and they are up and running in a limited capacity hoping to be in full production soon.
Bob

Latest email from Geoff a couple days ago is that they hope to have a US distributor by February or March '24

Yes, as mentioned, we are starting to see limited projectiles coming out of Woodleigh through Australian resellers. But "full production" is still a long way off. Its great to see bullets being produced again, but its really only phase one of a long process.

Its not like Woodleigh could ever produce all the bullets in their line up simultaneously. They are batching them through in production runs and will probably take years to build up their inventory again. Given having to replace some of their dies and fulfil the backlog of orders, they are going to be reactive for some time to come unfortunately.

The first thing Geoff did after the fire was clean up all saleable inventory that had survived and liquidate it to fulfil some of the demand and pull in cash to help rebuild. So not only have they had to rebuild the plant, they now have to rebuild stock levels, and that is in an environment that has been starved for product for a couple of years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzfmdavis

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you