Insurance from exporter

Ty Howard

AH veteran
Joined
Apr 7, 2016
Messages
148
Reaction score
424
Media
99
Hunting reports
Africa
2
My crate was quoted with (optional) trophy liability insurance for $134.00

What does this buy me and if something is lost or damaged, what would I get out of it?

I'm getting hides and horns shipped after dip and pack only, no mounted animals.

Why should I get this insurance???
 
That's a good question! What kind of liability damage can a box full of horns and hides create? Insurance against loss would make sense, then the market value of the horns and hides could be reimbursed to you. But liability...? I have no idea, but someone on this site probably does know!
 
That's a good question! What kind of liability damage can a box full of horns and hides create? Insurance against loss would make sense, then the market value of the horns and hides could be reimbursed to you. But liability...? I have no idea, but someone on this site probably does know!
Not an insurance expert at all, but I do have a good imagination. The box could fall on someone, or they may fall over it. The box might burst open and someone may find themselves impaled on a horn, or tripping on a skin. Your skins may carry some new disease which manifests itself in those who handle them. I'm done.
 
You're being offered "Liability" insurance?
 
This is a new one on me!
 
I would ask for some clarity, possibly even a policy specimen. In terms of true liability (i.e. negligence), that is really not your responsibility. It is who is in care, custody & control. However, if it is to protect your shipment, that would certainly be worth considering. Like insuring a valuable package with USPS, UPS or FedEx. If that is the case then i'd want to see their version of indemnity. How & what are they going to pay you for your damaged cargo? Replace the taxidermy, refund the cost of the shipment, reimburse your taxidermy expenses, etc?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,388
Members
169,349
Latest member
ivoryharbor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top