If You Lost Everything

Lots of interesting buy lists with as many reasons for the inclusions as there are hunters and hunting needs but the OP did say no restrictions so for my present hunt needs I would want to first get another custom 6.5 Grendel-Max (this one) on a Sako Vixen, and for the small game the little 20 Vartarg sure has been a great cartridge but next one I would build with lighter barrel than the current bull barrelled Rem X R 100 BR action. Hagn or Soroko single shot in 7x64 and just because this is a dream thread there would be a Ralf Martini 404 Jeffery.

Ok, so we are just pretending that we are going through another divorce, at least a fire is predictable in destruction.
I’d just give up at that point and replace my bow and go live in a cave (a nice cave, not a white trash cave) in Montana and pray for a pissed off griz to come along. I’m tired of replacing shit!

Bolt Action 22LR. (Marlin or CZ)
Bolt Action 223 (probably CZ)
Bolt Action 30/06 (Win 70 or Sako 85)
Bolt Action 375 H&H (Win 70 Alaskan or Kimber Talkeetna)
Bolt Action 458 Win Mag/Lott (Win 70 Safari Express or Kimber Caprivi)
Browning BPS 12 Ga Shotgun

This would handle most anything you'd ever run into.
I have just been informed that two of @TOBY458 ’s rifles on his list are for sale?

Last edited:
Double rifles in .500 NE, 9.3x74R, .450/400
Blaser R8 with .300 RUM barrel
Voodoo Gun Works Apparition with AI-AT chassis in .17HMR

That would be enable me to hunt almost anything.
After reading your latest hunting report I can certainly understand why the .500 NE and 9.3x74R are the first two calibers listed.

Custom 505 Gibbs
Heym 470 NE Double
Blaser R8 with 375 H&H, 300 Win, and 6.5 PRC
Savage 17 HMR
Benelli 12 Gauge Shotgun

The Alaskan is quite a bit lighter weight than the Safari. It's the proper weight for a 375. Whereas the Safari is more suited for 416 Rem and 458 Win.
I happen to like the weight of my .375. It's comfy when you turn up the volume on the the bullet.

If I lost all my firearms, and money was no object, I’d replace them like this:

1. 16 gauge SxS. Preferred upland bird hunting gauge.
2. 12 gauge SxS. NAVHDA requires break action shotguns for all testing, and I’d need a good clays
3. 12 gauge O/U, probably a Kolar. I’ve been looking into NSCA shooting and a specific sporting gun would be nice.
4. 12 gauge A400 Xtreme or SBE 3 for waterfowling.
5. Custom .50 cal swamped barrel flintlock by either Chuck Edwards or Bob Kending.
6. Marlin 917 in .17HMR with a BSA Sweet 17 scope. Handy little varmit gun for coons and possums in the yard/garage.
7. Remington Model 600 in 6mm Remington. Coyote gun.
8. Something in 404 Jeffery. I don’t own anything in a “Safari caliber” at this time, but for some reason I’ve fixated on this one.
9. Something around the .300 range. (.308, .30-06, .300 win mag, .300 H&H, .275, etc.)
10. 1911 .45 ACP
11. S&W Model 29 .44 Mag.

Maybe it’s excessive? But most of them have a specific purpose.

If I come home, and see burglarized my gun safe, with all things gone...
Well, I am speechless.
For me this is unthinkable.
Lets change the subject!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danpowder

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you