If You Lost Everything

Randy Bo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Well, not everything but, if you lost every rifle (along with ammo and reloading equipment) that you owned tonight (heaven forbid) due to fire, theft, etc. What would be the very first rifle that you would purchase to start rebuilding your perfect African Safari Rifle Battery?
- For me it would be a used mauser in 9.3x62.

You have a blank slate / You could look at this as your “if I could turn back time” moment.

.416 Rigby. Or. 500/416 in a double. If you have to start, you might as well start with a gun that can shoot all dangerous game.

Of all the things i have lost in my life....
it's my mind that i miss the most.

Is there a budget?

I don't own expensive rifles but I have traded up over time and have a few nice scopes.

If it's blank slate blank cheque, game on . Someone might talk me into a Blaser setup with the appropriate barrel s.

If this is an African battery and on par with what I have then I would need to replace my big bore CZ550 and I would need a PG rifle. Something classic would be nice.

If I lost my current functional collection of a dozen rifles and reloading gear I would want at least those replaced something s I might try upgrade or change brands/models.

Los'-9-1 9.3x64
secondhand - about $1000

karabin_los_main.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy. Blaser R8. .375 and .300 Win Mag barrels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg