I will be going to Africa!!!

crackerman

Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA (CA, NH, MA, ME)
Pretty quick from join to this post but...

I placed my deposit to go and hunt South Africa for April 2025! THe culmination of a 15 year long dream is gonna happen.

My package includes 7 days with a Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Impala, and Warthog. I may add a Kudu but have plenty of time.

SO DAMN EXCITED!!!!

I placed my deposit to go and hunt South Africa for April 2025! THe culmination of a 15 year long dream is gonna happen.

My package includes 7 days with a Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, Impala, and Warthog. I may add a Kudu but have plenty of time.

SO DAMN EXCITED!!!!
Congrats! We’ll be waiting on that hunting report. :D Beers:

SO DAMN EXCITED!!!!
Very Exciting! What outfit will you be hunting with?

Enjoy....

Congrats, looking forward to your hunt report!

SO DAMN EXCITED!!!!
After the first trip, all you will want to do is go back.

Plan to add the kudu. Once you see one you’ll want it for sure. It took all my willpower to not take a second one and really blow past my budget more than i already had.
Hope you don’t come across a monster sable or roan while there. . Temptation happens. :)

Very Exciting! What outfit will you be hunting with?
Bosveld Jacobs. The number of people, including the president of the local SCI chapter have hunted there, and I’ve met with the outfitter twice and have a good feeling. Comes nothing but highly recommended.

After the first trip, all you will want to do is go back.
Funny enough I’m already planning the second trip. I can already tell I’m going to want to take my son as either a middle school graduation or high school middle trip. So the Kudu may wait for that but I know I’ll add one at some point.

Bosveld Jacobs. The number of people, including the president of the local SCI chapter have hunted there, and I’ve met with the outfitter twice and have a good feeling. Comes nothing but highly recommended.
Perfect :D Beers:

Congrats and you will love it! I went for the first time in 2022. Wife and two sons (12&7)). We loved it. I thought my wife would hate it, and she really enjoyed it, and thanks to losing a game of uno at lunch with our friend she ended up shooting a blesbuck as an add on. We had a list too before we left. I don’t remember what it was, and we did shoot around half of the animals on that list. The others changed very quickly after the first or second day. So welcome to the forum, and go have fun. Don’t be afraid to change things up!! Also try the biltong. Chutney was our favorite

Congratulations and enjoy yourself. You'll always remember that first trip that started it all.

If I searched, I am sure my first trip planning questions are on this forum somewhere. As others have mentioned, beware of the "no ones goes to Africa just once..." warnings. They are real.

I was planning to go only once. I'm currently in route to Cameroon on my 2nd trip to Africa - this year! Africa has a way of getting ahold of you.

Enjoy the planning process. There is a ton of great advice, and a whole lot of experience, on AH.

And you should be excited, congratulations on booking that trip. Went for the first time last August, trophies are just now heading this way. And yes, looking forward to trip #2.

Congratulations on your first commitment to Safari in Africa. I hope you are able to deflect all the liabilities that threaten and discourages the trip of a lifetime…Go No Matter What. Looking forward to the report & pictures. Welcome to the Forum.

Congratulations, the anticipation and lead up to the hunt are almost as fun as the hunt. Good luck.

Add there Kudu.
Enjoy the build up to your adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdwardSnea

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.