I need help..

At least you will be used to the desert heat and cold. Was in az last year hit 44c when in Phoenix.
I’d advise getting in some walking practice though. (not saying your unfit, just saying).
No use going all that way and being unfit Then not enjoying it.
As I said before if you do go to Nam then send me a pm.
Roads out there are good although 80 are gravel (not sealed) it’s way safer than SA smaller population and is very pretty. Depending on where your hunting is (most look to be just north of Windhoek) you can get around to most of the sights within a 2 day drive.
Look forward to your report when you get back.

At least you will be used to the desert heat and cold. Was in az last year hit 44c when in Phoenix.
I’d advise getting in some walking practice though. (not saying your unfit, just saying).
No use going all that way and being unfit Then not enjoying it.
As I said before if you do go to Nam then send me a pm.
Roads out there are good although 80 are gravel (not sealed) it’s way safer than SA smaller population and is very pretty. Depending on where your hunting is (most look to be just north of Windhoek) you can get around to most of the sights within a 2 day drive.
Look forward to your report when you get back.
So I've narrowed it down to 3 choices. Group hunt with @Philip Glass. Going to Bos en Dal with @Bullthrower338 or going to @KMG Hunting Safaris.

So, @Ryeboy86 , here are my thoughts after just reading through some of the comments.

1) I went to RSA by myself since my wife doesn't fly - it's a piece of cake.
2) I chose to stay within 3 hours of JNB airport to avoid having to switch airlines. It's a worthy consideration and could add some hunting time and reduce some hassle.
3) I used a .30-06 with 180 grain Accubonds and flattened a zebra and wildebeest, no problem.
4) I saw fences every day but only when I was heading to the off-site skinning shed, never while I was hunting/stalking. I worked very hard during my research to avoid a "farm" type hunt.
5) I used a 1.5x-5x scope so had to have the animals within about 100 yards. It was tough hunting with a lot of blown stalks. I chose purposefully chose a "thornveld" type area to allow me to get close without having to resort to sitting over a waterhole.
6) Good questions to ask: Were the animals born on the property? Do you supplementary feed your animals? Do you buy, sell, or trade your animals? Do you charge by the inch for trophy animals? Do you guarantee certain animals? How many other hunters/families will be in camp with you?
7) Use social media to find folks that have hunted with your outfitter but aren't listed as references - this is where you'll get the real truth.
8) I think using a rifle that you're familiar with adds a lot to the hunt while reducing the probability of a very expensive blood trail to nowhere. Increasing caliber does not compensate for reduced precision.

I'll let you know if other stuff comes to mine.

So, @Ryeboy86 , here are my thoughts after just reading through some of the comments.

1) I went to RSA by myself since my wife doesn't fly - it's a piece of cake.
2) I chose to stay within 3 hours of JNB airport to avoid having to switch airlines. It's a worthy consideration and could add some hunting time and reduce some hassle.
3) I used a .30-06 with 180 grain Accubonds and flattened a zebra and wildebeest, no problem.
4) I saw fences every day but only when I was heading to the off-site skinning shed, never while I was hunting/stalking. I worked very hard during my research to avoid a "farm" type hunt.
5) I used a 1.5x-5x scope so had to have the animals within about 100 yards. It was tough hunting with a lot of blown stalks. I chose purposefully chose a "thornveld" type area to allow me to get close without having to resort to sitting over a waterhole.
6) Good questions to ask: Were the animals born on the property? Do you supplementary feed your animals? Do you buy, sell, or trade your animals? Do you charge by the inch for trophy animals? Do you guarantee certain animals? How many other hunters/families will be in camp with you?
7) Use social media to find folks that have hunted with your outfitter but aren't listed as references - this is where you'll get the real truth.
8) I think using a rifle that you're familiar with adds a lot to the hunt while reducing the probability of a very expensive blood trail to nowhere. Increasing caliber does not compensate for reduced precision.

I'll let you know if other stuff comes to mine.
Thank you very much! I've been talking to Marius @KMG Hunting. I don't believe they buy, sell or trade animals.

Be sure to take your wife. She will be treated like a queen. Your next safari will probably be her idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!