I love Africa!

HerbJohnson

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Greeting and salutations to all members of AH! I had an incredible hunt experience with MG Hunting, Argentina in March 2023. I have, like many, followed AH for many years but after this hunt felt compelled to join AH, and tell my story. At 66, I have hunted S. Africa for plains game, New Zealand 3 times for Stag, Fallow deer,Tahr,Chamois,Spanish Goat, and Arapawa Ram. Alaska for Brown Bear, Black Bear and Mountain Goat. The Brown bear eluded me! I am also a turkey hunting fool! Always so much fun and adrenalin filled...if only for a few seconds at a time! I have a 13-point White-tail buck on my wall I shot in Vermont 53 years ago and haven't been able to top! Finally, a very nice Bison I took in South Dakota several years ago I never tire of admiring. But...Africa! You never go just once. I leave next year for Cape Buffalo. Outfitter to be determined. Hopefully to be sorted out at The Show in Pennsylvania next month. Thanks for reading and when I receive my mounted Water Buffalo and Russian Wild Boar taken with only a knife .... from New York I will tell the tale of hunting with MG, Argentina.

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH. THAT is amazing number of hunts for all the species. Congratulations. Good luck with your future hunts.
Krish

Looking forward to reading your stories. Would love to see your trophy room sometime!

Welcome! Certainly glad to have you here with us!

Welcome aboard!!

Greetings HerbJohnson,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you get a spare moment, I invite you to have a look into the Khomas Safaris website, especially our Zambezi Area / Caprivi Strip buffalo hunting video segment.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Greeting and salutations to all members of AH! I had an incredible hunt experience with MG Hunting, Argentina in March 2023. I have, like many, followed AH for many years but after this hunt felt compelled to join AH, and tell my story. At 66, I have hunted S. Africa for plains game, New Zealand 3 times for Stag, Fallow deer,Tahr,Chamois,Spanish Goat, and Arapawa Ram. Alaska for Brown Bear, Black Bear and Mountain Goat. The Brown bear eluded me! I am also a turkey hunting fool! Always so much fun and adrenalin filled...if only for a few seconds at a time! I have a 13-point White-tail buck on my wall I shot in Vermont 53 years ago and haven't been able to top! Finally, a very nice Bison I took in South Dakota several years ago I never tire of admiring. But...Africa! You never go just once. I leave next year for Cape Buffalo. Outfitter to be determined. Hopefully to be sorted out at The Show in Pennsylvania next month. Thanks for reading and when I receive my mounted Water Buffalo and Russian Wild Boar taken with only a knife .... from New York I will tell the tale of hunting with MG, Argentina.
Welcome to AH!

Good day! Welcome from our side too!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH HerbJohnson! Looking forward to your contribution.

Welcome to AH Herb. Do you own a double rifle? You can’t take a Cape buffalo with a knife!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome @HerbJohnson !

We invite you to come by our booth at the Harrisburg Show. We would love the opportunity to introduce ourselves and talk a little Cape Buffalo hunting with you! In the meantime, please feel free to contact us anytime with questions.

Great American Outdoor Show Harrisburg
Feb 3 – Feb 11, 2024
Booth #5324

:S Welcome:

Hello Herb,

Great to see you here! You will love it.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djmviljoen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.