I finally did it

Man.... when does saw the headline/subject.... I thought @gizmo was reporting on his virginity status. Nevertheless, thank you for your service'

Retirement is looking awful nice to me as well. I'm at 17+ in the Army Reserves with about half that in the National Guard. It's so true that the military has change. You used to have to conform to the military, now the military conforms to the smallest of minorities. Trannies will soon be allowed, gays just got approved, women can now be in the Infantry. But those PT standards are still a far stretch between men and women. My biggest problem with that is the scrawniest male has to do more to pass a PT test than a female of the same stature, but we boast all the time about one standard.

I can't wait for the next two years to pass by so I can join the ranks of those who have given most of their lives to a cause as great as defending our Nation.

Politically Correct note... Sorry if you got hurt feelings from my rant. We Grunts are a proud, and abrasive breed!

Man.... when does saw the headline/subject.... I thought @gizmo was reporting on his virginity status. Nevertheless, thank you for your service'
:LOL::Finger:

Reactions: BWH
Safari Time!

Congrats! Thanks for your service! I retired from the Navy in '96. I still haven't completely adjusted to civilian life and probably never will completely.

Congrats..I retired last year end of May..haven't stopped since and enjoying every minute!
Now you have 5he time, cone visit us in RSA!!

Thanks again for your comments & support.

Army Grunt, no offense taken. I am old school as well, and I agree 10000% with your comments, and that is why I feel like a dinosaur. When I joined the TIs would come crashing on your face with his brim hat smacking you on the forehead, and yelling all sort of profanities at you, some I had never heard before. :eek::eek: He was so close to you, that you could smell the burrito he had for lunch (basic at San Antonio). :sick::sick: LOL!!!!!!

Bruce, wife wants to go back to Africa, she said I have way too much empty wall space in the house......I love this woman. (y)(y)(y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SHE said too much wall space? Now that's a real keeper!
I had been told from the planning stage thru until they arrived that my trophies would be downstairs bc she didn't want to look at them every day. Then once in the house she realized they weren't the eyesores she expected. She wasn't a keeper, and her opinion no longer matters. I do kinda miss having another adult around though; my PT opportunities are short these days

Congrats. Thank you for your service and the example you set for future generations to serve.

Dear PARA45
THANK YOU for your service. Also thank you to your family for their contribution in your life. We can imagine that it could not be an easy decision to retire.
Congratulations with your planned retirement. Enjoy the planning and decision making of the destination of your first African safari...
Namibian greetings from Africa
Ansie

Thank you gents, I appreciate your kind words and support.

Good luck on the retirement and thanks for your service. Best to your new adventures in life.

Thank you for your service and congratulations!

Retirement is looking awful nice to me as well. I'm at 17+ in the Army Reserves with about half that in the National Guard. It's so true that the military has change. You used to have to conform to the military, now the military conforms to the smallest of minorities. Trannies will soon be allowed, gays just got approved, women can now be in the Infantry. But those PT standards are still a far stretch between men and women. My biggest problem with that is the scrawniest male has to do more to pass a PT test than a female of the same stature, but we boast all the time about one standard.

I can't wait for the next two years to pass by so I can join the ranks of those who have given most of their lives to a cause as great as defending our Nation.

Politically Correct note... Sorry if you got hurt feelings from my rant. We Grunts are a proud, and abrasive breed!

The US army makes a difference between men and women regarding physics tests? In Sweden we take the exakt same tests. Most women get Low scores on the strength tests but is able to score as high as any man on the endurance test.

The US army makes a difference between men and women regarding physics tests? In Sweden we take the exakt same tests. Most women get Low scores on the strength tests but is able to score as high as any man on the endurance test.

There's a disparaging difference in the physical standards. 17 year old kids: females pass the push up event with about 19 reps, males in the forties I think. Females get about 22 minutes for two miles as a minimum, males get 16:55.
At least the minimum sit up count is the same for both....

thank you for your service!

Well gents, I finally did it. I dropped my military retirement papers; my retirement ceremony will be 4 Nov, with an effective retirement date of 14 Dec 2017 (on my granddaughter's birthday). It's a bitter sweet feeling, but I am sure it's not going to sink in until the day I am officially out of the USAF. By the time I retire, I would have served 34 years, 8 months & 28 days. ;) It's been a fantastic ride, and if I had to do it again, I would signed in on the dotted line without hesitation. I am an old dinosaur, and it's a different military now, time for me to fade away with all the old farts of my generation. LOL!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

I hope I posted this in the right place.

Thank you.

JR.jpg

Thanks again gents. My son (on the right) should be coming home soon from the sand box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,