I feel like I got robbed by someone!

I called Travel express today and they told me there is nothing they can do, the tickets are non-refundable, I also called the airline and was told the same thing. I feel I got 0 customer service on both ends.

I'm not blaming Travel Express/Lori, they have been very helpful through the process.

Really?

Yep this is like selling stock options. A few years ago I sold some and made a five figure payday. A year late I sang the blues a little because had I waited it would have been a six figure payday. A good friend advised "Never look back On the day you sell if your happy with what you get ......stay that way and just move on". It was great advice from my friend. Be happy that you got tickets and that YOU are going to Africa sir with people you love. Have the time of your life a shoot some great trophies!
Best advice yet!

maybe you should of booked with Qantas , guarrenteed , the prices never go down .............:A Tease::A Tease:

maybe you should of booked with Qantas , guarrenteed , the prices never go down .............:A Tease::A Tease:

Now that is customer service!!!! LOL

Price guarantee on airfare.... as bluey suggests.

The airline sets a price and you can gamble. Wait for a last minute deal or pay through the nose at the end.

I just take it on the chin. (Feel like I get robbed every time)
Get the best deal and never look at another price.

If yo rever hear of a price guarantee from an airline let me know who they are and I'll check them out.

Last edited:
Booked Luft. This year as they now do the Iceland Frankfurt leg then down to Joberg.

Nearly fell off my barstool how cheap it was a shade under 1000usd return.

Buddy through of coming a week later checked the same flight 1500 usd.

Founde years ago ....how to fly unhappy ask the person next to you what they paid for their flight ........

That's a lot of money for sure. But for me I buy at least 6-8 months in advance. I want that piece of mind that I have them in my hand.

I just re-ran my tickets...If I would have booked today I would have saved $500.00.....Hey what can you do?? Like I said I like booking early... Bad enough I don't sleep well for months in anticipation of whatever hunt I have planned.;)

I hope Kuche Safaris does not sell a discounted hunt, I am sure you will feel screwed by them also.

Had fuel prices risen 50% would have you sent an additional $3500?

BTW Lori is pretty good at what she does but like any travel agent she does not control what the airline charges.

I know this post was just to rant and get the point out on the beating you took on cost. I think it would have just been better to leave lori out of it myself. This was a problem she did not make or one she can control. It just does not help to beat down in public the few good people we have who help us as much as they can.

All I was saying is $3700.00 is a lot of money of money to me, maybe not to some of you and to the air lines who makes billions!! They couldn't take two minutes to bother with me! How about a couple drink tickets? Lol
I wouldn't of blinked if they when down 2-300.00 but $741.00 each, sorry still feel screwed.

I hope Kuche Safaris does not sell a discounted hunt, I am sure you will feel screwed by them also.

Had fuel prices risen 50% would have you sent an additional $3500?

BTW Lori is pretty good at what she does but like any travel agent she does not control what the airline charges.

That is a lot of money to me also. Blaming the airline is one thing as they have control. It was just not right to drag lori into it like it was her fault is all I am saying. If you would have said I feel screwed by saa you would have more guys on your side but dragging someone else into it is just not right. Just kind of looks bad in my eyes and a lot of others also.
Have a great trip and looking forward to seeing some trophy pictures.

Sorry to anyone who thinks this is a rant, Still saying $3700. 00 is a lot.
END OF CONVERSATION
Thank you to all that read and/or responded
Tom

"END OF CONVERSATION"

Does this mean the thread is closed? I was just starting to enjoy it.

Hi TomC - I completely understand how you feel and if there was anything at all that I could do then I would have done it as I told you on the phone. It's very rare that we see the airlines running such sales during peak season and the prices have not dropped due to fuel costs, it's my belief that the planes are not as full as they would like and they are trying to increase sales. Unfortunately, it's a risk you take as the others had mentioned - if you had waited the price could have been much higher. South African Air is very strict - you can exchange the current ticket with a penalty but the new ticket must be equal or higher than the original one so it doesn't gain you anything. They will not refund the difference in fare. Again, I'm sorry there was not something I could do to help you out as that is a big difference in pricing.

I hope this doesn't negatively affect your Africa experience and you have a great trip!

"END OF CONVERSATION"

My tongue hurts from biting it so hard!

"END OF CONVERSATION"

Me to, Ha, Ha, Ha, Closed on my end, I'm going to the range, Have a good day!!

Hi TomC - I completely understand how you feel and if there was anything at all that I could do then I would have done it as I told you on the phone. It's very rare that we see the airlines running such sales during peak season and the prices have not dropped due to fuel costs, it's my belief that the planes are not as full as they would like and they are trying to increase sales. Unfortunately, it's a risk you take as the others had mentioned - if you had waited the price could have been much higher. South African Air is very strict - you can exchange the current ticket with a penalty but the new ticket must be equal or higher than the original one so it doesn't gain you anything. They will not refund the difference in fare. Again, I'm sorry there was not something I could do to help you out as that is a big difference in pricing.

I hope this doesn't negatively affect your Africa experience and you have a great trip!
Thanks Lori, I was venting on the large price decrease, It wasn't meant at you, It's still a lot to me and could of gone far in SA
This will not affect the trip. I have been planning for quite some time, and we will enjoy it.
Thanks Again, Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois