I can not help myself

rdog

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA
As i have finished my 8x57 except for the bluing and thinking about a 9.3x62,( my son has a Schultz & Larson 9.3x62) i was looking at a CZ 550 in 270 to build one out of but found a Parker hale 1200 in 30/06 at less than half the price of the CZ. Its in excellent condition but the barrel is badly corroded may be used with corrosive ammo ? so i purchased it, borrowed some 286 grain ppu ammo off
my son, magazine length looks good it feeds out out the magazine well, will order a barrel my favorite gun smith has a reamer

As i have finished my 8x57 except for the bluing and thinking about a 9.3x62,( my son has a Schultz & Larson 9.3x62) i was looking at a CZ 550 in 270 to build one out of but found a Parker hale 1200 in 30/06 at less than half the price of the CZ. Its in excellent condition but the barrel is badly corroded may be used with corrosive ammo ? so i purchased it, borrowed some 286 grain ppu ammo off
my son, magazine length looks good it feeds out out the magazine well, will order a barrel my favorite gun smith has a reamer
@rdog
Take the barrel off it and send it down to Veronica at MAB/Tse in Brisvagas and get then to do yhe profile the same as your original.
They do good chrome molybdenum and stainless barrels that are very accurate. I have three if their barrels and all will group less than three quarters of an inch or better.
Bob

@rdog - we all have a weakness. No use in apologizing for it. Looking forward to pics of the new build.

I built one in 9.3x62 on a parker hale and it shoot great and didn't have to do anything to this rifle to get it to feed great. Used it on my 2018 safari.

You might consider a rebore. I have a Mannlicher-Schoenauer, originally in .270 Winchester, which I had rebored and rechambered to 9.3X62 and it works like a charm. No need to copy the original barrel profile.

You might consider a rebore. I have a Mannlicher-Schoenauer, originally in .270 Winchester, which I had rebored and rechambered to 9.3X62 and it works like a charm. No need to copy the original barrel profile.
@xausa
Problem is no one in Australia does a rebore any more. Kieth Bridgeman used to but no longer.
It is cheaper to buy a new barrel than send it to the US and return it.
Bob.

@rdog
Take the barrel off it and send it down to Veronica at MAB/Tse in Brisvagas and get then to do yhe profile the same as your original.
They do good chrome molybdenum and stainless barrels that are very accurate. I have three if their barrels and all will group less than three quarters of an inch or better.
Bob
TSE did a 303 no4 sporter for me very good work, but i want the 9.3 barrel heaver than the original 30/06 i think i will get a Lother Walther pre fit like my 8x57 i will have to check the profile, or get a heaver profiled blank & have my gun smith screw & chamber it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!