AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland

THE RAFFLE IS A GO.

Checking to see what the interest would be in this. Got the idea from Matt85's Searcy thread.

We home school our kids, which my wife does a blog about. It's called highland heritage home school. In Maine, even though we home school, we have to pay in $1500/yr taxes to the local school district which we don't use. This is a major cut of what we could use for schooling funds. Recently the boys have requested blacksmithing and real art classes. We had not planned for this, therefor do not have the funds for it. My wife's father gratiously said he would donate his .416 for a raffle if we could make it work. He aquired it years ago in a large multi person trade and has never shot it other than to confirm it worked properly and that was enough for him. It is in very good condition- I doubt anyone on here would have any gripes over it, put it that way!

If there is enough interest we will set it up. To save Jerome any headaches, we will not do anything through AH other than announce the start of it, post pictures and contact details for outside of AH. I was thinking 100 tickets at $25. This should cover an 8 week blacksmith course and about 20 weeks of act classes. Payment could be made by paypal, MO, or personal check and the drawing would be after the last ticket was sold. After receiving payment I would take a picture of your name on the raffle ticket (s) and send it to you so you knew it was in the bucket.
Please let me know if this seems feasible or if it's a crazy idea and I'm dreaming. Figured it wouldn't hurt to put it out there at any rate- willing to do most anything to give my kids the tools they need in life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a great idea and commend you and your wife for thinking outside the box for your kids! I'd certainly be interested in purchasing a ticket to help you guys out!

I like it..... I'd buy some tickets. Even though I never win. :(

I know how you feel, it's the same for me. That's part of the reason I thought to limit it to 100 tickets, everyone has a pretty decent chance then.

I think it's awesome. Best of luck!

Very good idea. I'd buy a few tickets!

Interesting idea.

Hell yeah, in for 4! Let us know details when sorted out!
Cody

Good idea. My only advice is regarding "the drawing would be after the last ticket was sold". I think the date of the draw should include a hard date ("The drawing will be on June 1st or when 100 tickets are sold, whatever comes first"). It is the raffle holder's responsibility to actively sell tickets rather than people's responsibility to buy them. I think it would sell more tickets that way anyway.

I think when someones accept people's money, there needs to be a belief things are on the up and up or at least well thought out. Not to say you're not on the up and up, but I've seen it before on these types of forum fundraisers. The more specific you are, the more people are put at ease.

Just my opinion

Good luck

Last edited:
I'll donate to the cause.....er, um try to win as well. The fates don't shine on me much either

OK sounds like people are into it so it will be a go. PM me and left me know how many tickets you want and preferred method of payment- please don't send any payment until you get a reply email from me. If people want a hard date I am fine with that. I could do june 1st- although I hope it doesn't go on that long! I want to see this in someone's hands sooner than later. Here are pics
20170303_131658.jpg
20170303_131850.jpg
20170303_131722.jpg
20170303_131731.jpg
20170303_131755.jpg
20170303_131823.jpg

Sweet, I'm on board!

I am in, email sent!!!! Sorry guys but I got this, I am due. :S Kneel:Even though i just bought a cz 550 in 375 H&H.

I like to remain skeptical. Keeps me from getting my bubble popped, @MMAL!

That would be a great fit between my 375 and newly acquired 458 Lott.
I'm in for 4 tickets. Email sent
JTT

Already up to 27 spoken for. This may not take long at all. Good luck to all. I'm looking forward to giving this out.

I'll be okay if you pull my name out next week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouveniaBo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!