I am sick

I I pray for a fast and speedy recovery. Nothing better than a father/son hunt. Hope we all have many more

I got sick in January actually thought I pulled a muscle at the gym. It has developed into a mild dry cough which I still have. Had same stuff last year but worse they gave me steroids. Went away in the spring.Doctor said a lot of this has been going around. I blame my wife's cat.
I had type B Flu in December; dry cough, sore throat, chest ached, and sniffles. Swabbed at urgent care for flu and strep. By the way, you have not lived until you have been swabbed for flu. The cute little PA told me she would have to swab my nostrils to test for flu. I said "sure." She then asked "are you ready," which in my experience is never a good thing to hear from a professional in either medicine or dentistry. Sure enough, she then rammed a six-inch swab eight inches up each nostril. Still makes me wince to think about it. Anyway, I tested positive for Type B (no, I had not yet had my vaccination, and my spouse who had, never caught the bug from me). I was prescribed Tamaflu which kept me from getting any sicker, and was essentially well in a week. Like most people I had a lingering dry cough for a month afterwards.

Hope you get back on your feet soon!

Prayers for a speedy recovery!!

John Camp,

What's morbid is MSM always stating the percentage and numbers of deaths, when they should be stating the number of cases and number of people recovering and recovered from this virus.
Exactly. And everyone should keep in mind this is most likely just the flu.

I had type B Flu in December; dry cough, sore throat, chest ached, and sniffles. Swabbed at urgent care for flu and strep. By the way, you have not lived until you have been swabbed for flu. The cute little PA told me she would have to swab my nostrils to test for flu. I said "sure." She then asked "are you ready," which in my experience is never a good thing to hear from a professional in either medicine or dentistry. Sure enough, she then rammed a six-inch swab eight inches up each nostril. Still makes me wince to think about it. Anyway, I tested positive for Type B (no, I had not yet had my vaccination, and my spouse who had, never caught the bug from me). I was prescribed Tamaflu which kept me from getting any sicker, and was essentially well in a week. Like most people I had a lingering dry cough for a month afterwards.
Similar experience in Feb.

Thanks everyone. I am not worried about it. I am just frustrated because my son is finishing high school. We have turkey hunted 4 years now but we started at the same time and the learning curve is steep. He missed an opportunity at a real monster gobbler when he got excited and forgot to take the safety off. He was 5 ft tall then and the turkey was taller with a beard dragging the ground. The bird stepped out on the trail 15 feet from my son and looking the other way. I had one one the ground but he got up and flew away. We were sure this time we had them. I have scouted and know the roost. Of course any time this season will great if there is a season. We might get shut down any day. It is a silly fear but my concern is I will die and my son will miss that experience with me. Crazy. In the middle of all this I get sick and my fear is I will die and my son will not get to share his first gobbler with me. Sorry to be so morbid.
Get tested. You probably just have the flu. Don’t worry about it! You will be fine.

My son and I just finished packing for three days at Cohutta Wilderness hunting turkey and fishing for trout. That seemed to me to be the best way to social distance. I walked into the basement to get a cooler and coughed twice. Checked my temp and it was 100.5. Now I am having deep chest pains. Sorry to be bitching. I am disappointed about not going to the mountains with my son for the opening of turkey season but I am not so petty to think that is important in the grand scheme of things. This could be nothing, but I am pretty sure it is coronavirus because I am 55 and have only had a lower respiratory infection one time. I have been at the house for 11 days. I left for the first time today to make a run to the landfill. I figured I was good to go. I guess all those geniuses hanging out at the club can thank me for not giving this to half the county.

Please get tested asap. Most urgent care clinics will order you a test and you can most likely find a drive testing location close to you.

Had that happen too. I knew I was in for it when I saw the foot long q-tip. I had the flu in December as well. It put me on my back for 11 days. It was the worst I ever had. My son had both type A and type B at the same time in January. I will call my doctor today and follow orders.

Just well there are plenty of days ahead to hunt with your son

@Red Leg, my wife was in the ER on Wed and was tested for the Flu & COVID-19. The flu test is a walk in the park compared to the COVID-19 test. I swear they tickled her brain with the swab, one on each nostril. I can't tell you how deep it went, but the pain was so severe she almost kicked the doc. :LOL: We are still waiting for the results.

JC, hope you recover quickly, and that it's nothing serious. Stay positive, and soon you'll be hunting with your son. Like others have said, go to the ER or Med Stop and get tested, it may just be the Flu. Good luck sir.

I reckon you will be fine John.. You haven't been out and about, so it MAY yet be a normal flu thing, as redleg said.
Keep the Faith, be strong and you and your son WILL get that bearded gobbler, for sure!!

I agree with our friends posts above, the odds are in our favor. So far, I believe in all countries, the majority of the citizens are not contracting the Corona virus. And I believe in all countries, nearly all of the fatalities are folks with prior complicating medical conditions. (In Italy 90% of the fatalities were folks with 2 or more serious pre-existing health conditions)

So far, the common flu this year has been far more deadly (16k in the US - which is below the average!)

@John Camp - That is a real bummer! No one likes to 'let their kids down'. Hopefully you will get well soon and still go fishing. And hopefully your family doesn't get too sick. My wife and I have been in self quarantine for almost a week. She had (till this morning) headache, general aches, sore throat, cough, fever lethargy, etc. I had one afternoon of headache and being really pissed off at anything. This morning she woke up feeling good, so fingers crossed. Just a flu I think. But I expect that at some point we are all going to be touched and tested by this virus.
As to testing, sounds like the medical community is going to initiate only testing those who's course of treatment will be affected by the results of the test.

@John Camp - That is a real bummer! No one likes to 'let their kids down'. Hopefully you will get well soon and still go fishing. And hopefully your family doesn't get too sick. My wife and I have been in self quarantine for almost a week. She had (till this morning) headache, general aches, sore throat, cough, fever lethargy, etc. I had one afternoon of headache and being really pissed off at anything. This morning she woke up feeling good, so fingers crossed. Just a flu I think. But I expect that at some point we are all going to be touched and tested by this virus.
As to testing, sounds like the medical community is going to initiate only testing those who's course of treatment will be affected by the results of the test.
To my mind the new protocol is good news. The vast majority of folks who present themselves to an ER, MD, or Urgent care, test negative for flu and have no underlying conditions will be told to go home, take an aspirin, get some rest, and drink plenty of liquids. They will be fine.

Wishing you the best!

@Red Leg, my wife was in the ER on Wed and was tested for the Flu & COVID-19. The flu test is a walk in the park compared to the COVID-19 test. I swear they tickled her brain with the swab, one on each nostril. I can't tell you how deep it went, but the pain was so severe she almost kicked the doc. :LOL: We are still waiting for the results.

JC, hope you recover quickly, and that it's nothing serious. Stay positive, and soon you'll be hunting with your son. Like others have said, go to the ER or Med Stop and get tested, it may just be the Flu. Good luck sir.

Thought they swabbed your throat...... Why they checking peoples brains......would have thought most on here would test pretty negative on that score........:A Banana::A Tease::A Yell::D Beers::D Booze:

Thanks everyone. I am not worried about it. I am just frustrated because my son is finishing high school. We have turkey hunted 4 years now but we started at the same time and the learning curve is steep. He missed an opportunity at a real monster gobbler when he got excited and forgot to take the safety off. He was 5 ft tall then and the turkey was taller with a beard dragging the ground. The bird stepped out on the trail 15 feet from my son and looking the other way. I had one one the ground but he got up and flew away. We were sure this time we had them. I have scouted and know the roost. Of course any time this season will great if there is a season. We might get shut down any day. It is a silly fear but my concern is I will die and my son will miss that experience with me. Crazy. In the middle of all this I get sick and my fear is I will die and my son will not get to share his first gobbler with me. Sorry to be so morbid.

Nah that's how I would be thinking...... So not sure if that puts you in good company or not......a few on here would say you have no hope if that's the case... ..but hey...:D..:D Beers:

Get 30 pills. Hydrocholoroqine
1 tablet by am and pm(15 days)
If you get it also get a
z pack antibiotic.
60 mg of zinc am and pm
Only thing potentially working on Corona. So far works pretty good.

Sorry...correct spelling of the drug I was Referring to above:

hydroxychloroquine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!