Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
One challenge we can face in Canada hunting the late season is the poop stalagmite. When it's consistently subzero you can run the danger of being impaled in the loo at camp. Here's Jack doing the thankless task of breaking it down so he doesn't feel threatened by its prominence. We thank you Jack.

20201201_164155.jpg

anther thing to fear

Who in his right mind would want to exist (I deliberately did not use the word "live") in a place where you may be impaled on your buddy's urine stalagmite!?! :oops:

Who in his right mind would want to exist (I deliberately did not use the word "live") in a place where you may be impaled on your buddy's urine stalagmite!?! :oops:
“Right mind” I believe is the key phrase. :)

I get to say that as Wisconsin isn’t much different.

“Right mind” I believe is the key phrase. :)

I get to say that as Wisconsin isn’t much different.
It's truly amazing what can unite people from different parts of the globe!

I lived in Thunder Bay for a few years, but don’t recall there being any permafrost. Why didn’t you dig the hole a little deeper? Just sayin!:A Stirring:

I lived in Thunder Bay for a few years, but don’t recall there being any permafrost. Why didn’t you dig the hole a little deeper? Just sayin!:A Stirring:

I’ve seen the turd spear grow to 10’. Depth is no protection, just a bigger turdsicle to be impaled on should one slip.

Lesson learned! Next time we use the excavator

A good reason to wait until you get out to the bush!

When I got divorced in 2010, I moved up to Montana to decompress, work, and wave a Flyrod as much as I could.
When the summer work was over, I moved up by Bozeman to work, living in my 5th wheel trailer for the winter(Big mistake). My holding tank turned into a big frozen turdsickle. I don't think it thawed out until May. LOL

I was very happy to see the green grass of spring.

Here’s to jack:D Barman:his Canadian status is confirmed by the flip flops and socks in the snow. Only a true Canadian could pull that off with a toque.
A true Canadian would be crapping in the woods.
...in flip-flops, socks & a toque.

No snakes!

I do a winter camp in NW. Wisconsin in February. We rent port a Johns for the weekend. There is a layer of yellow ice in the urinal by the end, and I think the seats are carpeted by the hair frozen on. (Kidding)

A friend tells about somebody he knew many years ago who went up somewhere in Alaska or Canada, and the had to go out to cut firewood in the middle of winter. The whole village went out. One guy had to answer the call of nature, so he slipped off a little ways. He was gone for a while so the the new guy went to check on him. He found the guy building fire (temps were something like -50). When he asked why, the old hand said in these conditions, you had to build a fire to go in, or you’d get frostbite on very sensitive areas.

I don’t know if it’s true, but it could be.

We had a uncovered box for a toilet at an elk camp in Montana. Due to snow, the seat was just an ice layer. It resulted in very fast seated sessions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you