Hunting Belts

2 inch belt with cartidge sliders, open type not with flap, capacity depends on which rifle I am carrying, knife...arm wrist cartridge carrier, 500 Jeff 2 or 3 other up to 5..the rest goes in a small pack carried by tracker. Gps, water, white gold, small emergency first aid kit, torch, batteries, 2 means of making fire, small gas burner, fire bucket, energy bars, rehydrate, some dehydrated food eg. 2 minute noodles.....

Any one have a Murray C2 that can show the back side? I would like to see the belt loops - whether the back leather is looped over to make a full-width slot, or the back panel has slits cut for the belt to pass through (like Westley Richards). thanks,
As promised...
1673569563782.png

1673569595555.png

1673569630824.png

1673569651552.png

There are open notches at the bottom corners of the cartridge loops to allow debris to come out while still protecting the nose of the bullet and preventing it from being pushed through. What I would call the best of both worlds.

I like the Murray Cartridge Belt with leather loops and it also holds my hunting knife. It gets worn over my other clothing and when I get in the bakkie, I take it off. Wherever my rifle is, this belt is right next to it. If we need to run off in a hurry, it's always handy for those kinds of opportunities.
View attachment 487347
I have one of these that works with my 375 and 458 Lott (same cartridge case.). I also put my knife and a leather case containing a small camera in it.

I usually just use suspenders but have been intrigued by the argali kodiak belt.
A fine belt for holding up pants but loading it with a cartridge holder will have it sagging. Something stiffer is needed in this application and we all know how important stiffness is…;)

A double layer leather gun/holster belt (Galco) that fits the cartridge holder loops snugly works well. Another option is a nylon duty belt (Wilderness Tactical) that has a poly insert to add some ridgidity will work as well, just looks a little out of place in Africa.

He had a rack of the cartridge belts on display at DSC last week. I picked up a second 6 round belt slide while there.
Shoot, I was at DSC just for one day and complete missed him. Do you know if he will be a houston Safari Club show?

Quick update for those asking
Yesterdays blood work and todays CT scan all good. Dr called and said see me in 2 weeks if no issues. Off all antibiotics. Can start on 1 soft food meal a day and other two liquids still for next 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the prayers, texts and phone calls.

Shoot, I was at DSC just for one day and complete missed him. Do you know if he will be a houston Safari Club show?

Unknown. But I suggest giving them a call.

Twice…both on hunts using a 470 double.
One Buffalo took 11, 7 from me and 4 from the PH. We were charged and the Buff made contact with the PH.
Second time was a rhino that took 5 from me.

HH
This definitely needs a story telling...
This is my belt, cartridge holder & sling, all hand made by one of our talented members on this forum. It is beautiful and well made. Took it to Africa this year. :)

View attachment 489930
Canvas and leather is very special. Great photo composition too!

I've used a Boyt canvas/leather belt. I believe it holds 20 cartridges when loaded fully? I usually load every other loop. I'll be using the same belt for my elephant hunt this spring. Might look at the offerings from both Murray and Els at SCI next month. I normally wear a standard pant belt on my shorts, with nothing else on it, and put my sheath knife and leatherman on the cartridge belt. Anything beyond ammo and those two knives stays in my pack carried by the tracker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois