Hunt Zambia With Takeri Reserve Zambia 2022

Thank you for the info Spike & nice fish that @PeteG , cool for fresh water fish, saying that the Tiger Fish is bloody awesome to !
@Sarg, thanks. That was a good size fish, just a shade over 5lbs.
Most of the better fishing on the river is up between takeri and a floodplain about 8km away. There are no Tiger fish up on that stretch of the river, but there are a variety of other species that are always fun to catch.

Mike also has a place down on the Lower Zambezi below Mpata Gorge called Kingfisher Lodge, they have fantastic tiger fishing there.
Since i tend to catch more than him though, i havent been invited back to the fishing camp! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Sarg, thanks. That was a good size fish, just a shade over 5lbs.
Most of the better fishing on the river is up between takeri and a floodplain about 8km away. There are no Tiger fish up on that stretch of the river, but there are a variety of other species that are always fun to catch.

Mike also has a place down on the Lower Zambezi below Mpata Gorge called Kingfisher Lodge, they have fantastic tiger fishing there.
Since i tend to catch more than him though, i havent been invited back to the fishing camp! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah whatever......ha ha

I was out at takeri this last weekend. We had a holiday on Tuesday so decided to take Monday off work and make it a long weekend.
with all the long grass it was hard to spot animals but we did see some good numbers and for those wanting a sable teaser, here’s a “little” guy ;)

View attachment 403722

and a mildly misty morning
View attachment 403723

If you’re keen on a little fishing, this big guy was caught drifting a rubber worm along the rocky bottom about 800m upstream from takeri
View attachment 403724

And of course, the obligatory fire pic!
View attachment 403725

Always a great time out there and big thanks to @spike.t for letting me loose out there for the weekend. (y):A Camping::D Beers::W Shooting Uzi:

Happy belated Bday. Glad you got away from work in a great spot.

As I said in my hunt report, we were literally kicking 41-43" Sable out of the way looking for a bigger one. I also loved being able to fish during the extended lunch breaks. My one regret was not bringing good quality rubber worms. Takeri is a really wild place. It was a absolute privilege to get to hunt with Mike.
Zambia is a more difficult trip to make than South Africa, but you really do experience some unique things.

Any buffalo available? If yes, please provide prices.

Thanks

This morning...started some burning last month and seeing animals now...just about impossible before

20210606_122827.jpg

20210606_122802.jpg

If Tambo stays open and Qatar keeps servicing, I should be landing in Doha about now next month on the way to Lusaka. Can't wait Mike.

This is a beautiful part of Zambia, which in turn is a beautiful part of Southern Africa

I would recommend it to anyone

Borne in Brokenhill - Now Kabwe - I remember when that Lusaka road (GNR) was just twin strips of tarmac - one for each set of tyres.

You played 'chicken' with oncoming cars - its a bit better today

@spike.t , your place looks truly amazing

This is a beautiful part of Zambia, which in turn is a beautiful part of Southern Africa

I would recommend it to anyone

Borne in Brokenhill - Now Kabwe - I remember when that Lusaka road (GNR) was just twin strips of tarmac - one for each set of tyres.

You played 'chicken' with oncoming cars - its a bit better today

@spike.t , your place looks truly amazing

Thanks....and road is still 2 sets of tyre tracks , but going each way...the big trucks have sunk grooves into the tar....and still get to play chicken but with hispeed coaches and trucks...and if really lucky fuel tanker drivers....but standard driving in most African countries.....road through kabwe is pain...especially the part coming into town from lusaka where the road crosses the railway line.....take shortcut left and past police and fire station

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg