Huge wild boar killed by my dad

Feral hog is very gamey but you can knock it back if you use beef fat instead of the pigs fat.
We've killed boars up to about #250 and they were good and not strong but I think they were probably still fairly young.

wow and Waidmannsheil.
A really big one,with excellent tusks.
You allow a proposal:
Steal your dad the tusks ,bring it to a jeweller and make your father the tusks as a present in silver.
To sad when you throw them away.
Its a memory for a lifetime.
Foxi
Keiler-Waffen.jpg

Last edited:
That looks nice but I'm in Alaska and he is in Arkansas. I think my brother took the skull to do something with it

Very nice! But I am still wondering what the boar was doing wearing flip-flops and pajamas. :P Disguise:

wow and Waidmannsheil.
A really big one,with excellent tusks.
You allow a proposal:
Steal your dad the tusks ,bring it to a jeweller and make your father the tusks as a present in silver.
To sad when you throw them away.
Its a memory for a lifetime.
Foxi
View attachment 167727
Very nice trophy. Congrats Foxi.
Witold

We've killed boars up to about #250 and they were good and not strong but I think they were probably still fairly young.

Ive killed them ranging from about 35lbs all the way up to 588lbs (shot the biggest one I ever have last Feb)... never had a problem with the meat being to gamey or too strong on any of them..

When I shot the monster pig, a lady that works at a TX game ranch and processes and cooks them all the time told me the key was to let the meat ice for at least a couple of days (up to 4) before freezing it.. to drain the melted ice/water each day and refill with fresh ice..

I took her advice (still not sure what this does other than just letting more blood out of the meat?).. and it seems to have worked great.. the monster pig doesnt really taste any different than the 35-50lb meat hogs we normally shoot...

We ground the entire animal other than the tenderloins and loins.. so I cant really attest to how much more or less tender or gristley the old/big pig is than the "normal" sized pigs we have taken over the years... but Im going to guess its not much different than the 100-265lb (my wifes biggest was 265lbs.. she got him about 3 years ago).. pigs we have taken..

One morning I shot a pig in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I'll never know!

Super pig...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!