huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
My dad shot this monster of a hog this morning. He said he loomed out the window and seen him eating with the cows. Not going to get him mounted because he said it wasn't really hunting since he shot him while wearing flip flops and pajamas. Just as a size referencey dad is 6ft 1 6 ft 2.
FB_IMG_1482599586669.jpg
FB_IMG_1482599680563.jpg

nice and that will be some good eating. Maybe you will be sending your dad a pick of you standing next to a giraffe next year.

He said if I do kill one he wants part of it lol

One big pig.

He is thinking it would push 450 but he didn't weigh it the tusk were 4.5 5 inches.

you need to tell him to come with.

That pig has some nice tusk sticking out to.

A big hog. Where does your dad live? What kind of rifle did he use? Are there more hogs in the area that are about the same size? If so I'm sure that there are a number of AH(ers) that would be willing to help him out with his hog problem.

Your dad may not call it hunting but it is certainly an act of home defence, that monster could do a lot of property damage.

Wow, congrats

A big hog. Where does your dad live? What kind of rifle did he use? Are there more hogs in the area that are about the same size? If so I'm sure that there are a number of AH(ers) that would be willing to help him out with his hog problem.

Lol he is in Arkansas while we kill them all the time this is the first one we got that big. Normally they areally only around 150 200 lbs when we kill them some times piglets. Ita not a trophy thing its a survuval for our cows and horses kinda thing for us. Apparently he was getting smart and running when he heard the door open up so my dad shot him out of the window with a browning 30 06.

Your dad may not call it hunting but it is certainly an act of home defence, that monster could do a lot of property damage.

Well I hope no one would consider shooting something out of your house window in pajamas and flip flops hunting. But you are correct about defense and that's why we have never discriminated on size it doesn't matter of its a piglet or a monster it gets the same treatment which is a bullet in the neck.

Well done that's some good looking bacon on the hoof right there

Very nice hog!

For all the comments re using this hog for meat, I wonder. I thought that the meat from feral hogs and or boar that large are subject to "boar taint" thereby making it much less tasty. I don't know if that includes when it is processed as breakfast sausage with spices and such.

Wow! Giant!
Out the window in PJs is my kind of hunting ;)
Nice tusks too.

For all the comments re using this hog for meat, I wonder. I thought that the meat from feral hogs and or boar that large are subject to "boar taint" thereby making it much less tasty. I don't know if that includes when it is processed as breakfast sausage with spices and such.

Feral hog is very gamey but you can knock it back if you use beef fat instead of the pigs fat.

Nice pig, I´m jealous !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfredoYua

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.