Howdy

G’day y’all.

English is not my first language so I mix and match wildly as you can see.

Anyhoo,newbie here with zero experience of hunting in Africa.

Unlike most,it seems,it’s never been a dream of mine to hunt there,but I might tag along with a friend.

I do find the calibers and guns associated with hunting in Africa interesting though.

While I have not seen one in real life,oryx seems to be the most beautiful animal there.To my eyes.

The Warthog is anything but,but it is an animal I’d like to hunt,along with croc.

And ostrich.

One friend mentioned that he wants to hunt in Namibia,so I’ve been on an internet spree to learn about the country,it’s history,animals and hunting there.

Guess that’s about it for now,stupid questions to follow later.
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Strausser, welcome to the AH forum! You should definitely take the animals you mentioned. My croc hunt was one of my favorite trips. IMO, no other Africa species requires a more accurate shot placement.
Best of luck in your research!
 
Welcome to AH, @Strausser. Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.
 
G’day y’all.

English is not my first language so I mix and match wildly as you can see.

Anyhoo,newbie here with zero experience of hunting in Africa.

Unlike most,it seems,it’s never been a dream of mine to hunt there,but I might tag along with a friend.

I do find the calibers and guns associated with hunting in Africa interesting though.

While I have not seen one in real life,oryx seems to be the most beautiful animal there.To my eyes.

The Warthog is anything but,but it is an animal I’d like to hunt,along with croc.

And ostrich.

One friend mentioned that he wants to hunt in Namibia,so I’ve been on an internet spree to learn about the country,it’s history,animals and hunting there.

Guess that’s about it for now,stupid questions to follow later.

Welcome to AH!
 
Thank you all.
Added two more animals I need to learn more about,porcupine and honey badger.
I’ve no idea how people chose their quarry,so for now I just read up about those I find interesting.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the posting side. Enjoy.
 
Welcome to AH! Enjoy the site!
 
Welcome to AH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,305
Members
169,336
Latest member
JennyKneeb
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top