Howdy

One fine Friday I’d say! Welcome to AH Bonk!
I’ll have to agree with Bullthrower about only one gun and make it the 375 H&H or Ruger. I too have taken almost all my Africa game using a 375 H&H from caracal and duiker to Cape buffalo and lion. In all honesty I have used different bullets for different applications, but a 300 gr Swift A-frame may have worked for all.

Welcome and enjoy

Welcome to our forum Bonk. It sounds as if you are already on the right track....Good Luck!

Welcome to AH, sounds to me like you will fit right in with this motley crew.

Welcome aboard Bonk. I was away hunting when you joined. I like the way you think and your current battery of rifles. For my first PG hunt I took a 35 Whelen which is much like your 9.3 x 62 and a 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser. I thought they made a perfect combination. You can always use your soon to be upgraded 375 H&H on future hunts for larger animals.

Welcome @Bonk. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Let us know if we can help you in any way.

Welcome to the family and the forum, you are in the right place! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

If there is anything we can do for you please contact us.

Hello Bonk,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Likewise, I’m +1 with Bullthrower338 for just bringing one rifle.
And, the .375 is perfect for a mixed bag, when including large, sometimes very tough animals, such as waterbuck, zebra and especially eland.
Yet with 300 grain bullets, it is typically easier on meat and skins of smaller animals, than the ever popular 7 MM Magnum and various .300 magnums are.

Also, you mentioned the 9.3x62.
This is another pretty much perfect African “plains game” cartridge for the “one safari, one rifle” concept.
Not likely you’ll be attacked by lions in Africa but, both the .375 or the 9.3x62 enjoy excellent and lengthy reputations in that regard.

Anyway...Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg