Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
RSA, USA (NM, MO, KS, OK, TX, NE, SD)
....of Missouri. :happywave: I live just south of Kansas City. I have my first safari lined up for this September in Northwest and Limpopo. Going for gemsbok, kudu, impala, springbok, and hopefully a bushbuck. I never realized I'd be able to have this great opportunity, but it has worked out. I've hunted all my life, mainly deer and turkey, but have had the opportunity to hunt some exotics on a large ranch in Texas.

I know everyone says that you can't go to Africa just once. I'll have to agree, becuase even though I haven't even been yet, I'm already trying to figure out when I can go for a second time and chase a leopard. :D

I really enjoy perusing this site with all the great information available. It's definitely helping in getting all the particulars of my trip "hammered" out.

Welcome

Howdy there Heeler,

I know what you mean. I have my first safari in August and have already booked a second for the next year!:eek: My bag is similar to your for #1.

Have you taken a blackbuck yet? I sure like those little fellers with the spiral horns. I have a cousin in TX & I'd like to go there and hunt one with him as well as some problem hogs.

What rifles(s) are you taking?:huntingrifle:

Welcome Heeler. I will be leaving for Limpopo myself in 2 weeks and am very much looking forward to it. Those are some fine animals on your wish list, it sounds like you will be having a lot of fun!

Welcome to AH. Looking forward to hearing about your hunt and seeing some pictures.

Thanks all. I do appreciate it.

Karamojo, I'm taking a .375 H&H and 7mm Mag on my trip.

As far as Texas. The blackbuck is the next one on my list. I've taken a sika, axis, and aoudad so far.

Heeler75... good to have you with us. Your collection is taking good shape. You are going to have a great time on your african hunt and we are all waiting to hear about it. Cheers,

Heeler75 - Welcome. You are going to find that the folks on this site are incredibly helpful. I've only been on it a short time, but have learned much by simply asking questions.

Like many others who have joined AH, I too will be going on my first African hunt this year - I leave in 2 days for South Africa! Kudu, impala, gemsbok, eland, blue wildebeest and zebra are in my plans. My wife will be after springbok, warthog and maybe a baboon.

Now if the airlines can just hold off from over-reacting to the influenza stories....

browningbbr

Welcome to AH Heeler75! You may find that this may be the longest summer of your life waiting for September to arrive :biggrin2:.

Heeler, You are maybe 15 minutes from me! Check your PM's, i'll be contacting you.

Welcome, Heeler.

Africa is like the old ads on potato chips that said nobody ever ate just one.

You are doing it correctly by making South Africa your destination for your first trip down there. I tell my friends to go there first and take all of its unique species before heading to countries with fewer amenities.

You will enjoy South Africa's hunting much more that way.

Bill Quimby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg