Howdy from Nebraska

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome to AH, Botswana is open on private land still, I have turkey hunted Nebraska several times, always a blast (pun intended) Im curious as to why you had to cut the roost trees down as a result of a wetland easement, (Im a forester in Alabama and they freak out on us if we remove trees from a wetland easement, your tax dollars at work)

We cut a bunch of cedars out because they're not native to the area but not 100% sure on the bigger cottonwoods, only reasoning I can think of is because they were right next to the larger ponds and could hold predators that would scare the ducks off.

Huh, well that would piss me off yalls turkeys are numerous and present themselves to the barrel well, unlike our birds in the swamps down here where killing 5 a year is considered quite the accomplishment.

Welcome and look forward to your participation!

Welcome to the best forum in the world!

Huh, well that would piss me off yalls turkeys are numerous and present themselves to the barrel well, unlike our birds in the swamps down here where killing 5 a year is considered quite the accomplishment.
I'd be more upset if our land wasn't in the middle of nowhere and didn't require a 4x4 to get in to. And as a plus I also think it has helped the waterfowl hunting significantly. My father, friend and I went out for 3 days this fall for early teal and limited every day as well as getting quite a few doves and snipe. For turkeys its easier for me drive home to eastern South Dakota and spend a couple days with my parents and hunt easterns/hybrids or if I draw this spring I'll be heading out to the black hills for my merriam's

I hunted the black hills a while back, they had tags that were said to be a draw, but you just bought them, all 4 of us got one in one day. The black hills is a fun place to hunt, we were near mount rushmore, about 5-10 miles southwest if i remember correctly, but we found plenty of birds that hard part there is very little cover.

I hunted the black hills a while back, they had tags that were said to be a draw, but you just bought them, all 4 of us got one in one day. The black hills is a fun place to hunt, we were near mount rushmore, about 5-10 miles southwest if i remember correctly, but we found plenty of birds that hard part there is very little cover.

That is true, it is a "draw" but they have unlimited tags. Meant to say if I DON'T draw my prairie tag I'll head out there. I'm actually quite familiar with the area you're describing and have hunted that area quite a bit for Mt. Lion over the past 4 years, but unfortunately couldn't make it out this year. They black hills are by far one of if not my favorite place to hunt and just get out and explore.

Ok great you have time to study this site and get ready! Best of luck and feel free to ask questions. Many of us have had problems and can prevent you from having the same!
Regards,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brookbeans941

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!