Howdy from Nebraska

Welcome to AH!!
 
Welcome to AH, Botswana is open on private land still, I have turkey hunted Nebraska several times, always a blast (pun intended) Im curious as to why you had to cut the roost trees down as a result of a wetland easement, (Im a forester in Alabama and they freak out on us if we remove trees from a wetland easement, your tax dollars at work)

We cut a bunch of cedars out because they're not native to the area but not 100% sure on the bigger cottonwoods, only reasoning I can think of is because they were right next to the larger ponds and could hold predators that would scare the ducks off.
 
Huh, well that would piss me off yalls turkeys are numerous and present themselves to the barrel well, unlike our birds in the swamps down here where killing 5 a year is considered quite the accomplishment.
 
Welcome and look forward to your participation!
 
Welcome to the best forum in the world!
 
Huh, well that would piss me off yalls turkeys are numerous and present themselves to the barrel well, unlike our birds in the swamps down here where killing 5 a year is considered quite the accomplishment.
I'd be more upset if our land wasn't in the middle of nowhere and didn't require a 4x4 to get in to. And as a plus I also think it has helped the waterfowl hunting significantly. My father, friend and I went out for 3 days this fall for early teal and limited every day as well as getting quite a few doves and snipe. For turkeys its easier for me drive home to eastern South Dakota and spend a couple days with my parents and hunt easterns/hybrids or if I draw this spring I'll be heading out to the black hills for my merriam's
 
I hunted the black hills a while back, they had tags that were said to be a draw, but you just bought them, all 4 of us got one in one day. The black hills is a fun place to hunt, we were near mount rushmore, about 5-10 miles southwest if i remember correctly, but we found plenty of birds that hard part there is very little cover.
 
I hunted the black hills a while back, they had tags that were said to be a draw, but you just bought them, all 4 of us got one in one day. The black hills is a fun place to hunt, we were near mount rushmore, about 5-10 miles southwest if i remember correctly, but we found plenty of birds that hard part there is very little cover.

That is true, it is a "draw" but they have unlimited tags. Meant to say if I DON'T draw my prairie tag I'll head out there. I'm actually quite familiar with the area you're describing and have hunted that area quite a bit for Mt. Lion over the past 4 years, but unfortunately couldn't make it out this year. They black hills are by far one of if not my favorite place to hunt and just get out and explore.
 
Ok great you have time to study this site and get ready! Best of luck and feel free to ask questions. Many of us have had problems and can prevent you from having the same!
Regards,
Philip
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,352
Messages
1,573,848
Members
169,862
Latest member
proftiosasi1978
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top