Howdy from Colorado

Geoclarkclark

AH member
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
11
Location
S. Colorado
Media
19
Member of
NRA, Colo Bowhunters Assn, Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, USA, Scotland, Argentina
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum, but have been following it for awhile.

Not new to Africa hunting- have been twice, once with rifle, once with bow. Planning a next trip for 2013, for leopard and buffalo.

Breaking in a new Ruger Hawkeye African, in 375 Ruger, for the next trip. Great cartridge, and very accurate in this rifle. Look forward to reading about, and exchanging notes, on everyone's Africa plans and trips!!

GC
 
Welcom to the forum. Lots of good info here. Looking forward to hearing some stories and seeing some pics...
 
Thanks!

I just posted a few pics on Members Gallery. More to follow.
 
Nice trophies.
Welcome to AH.

I wonder if they managed to cross that "alpine water buck" (ibex) of yours with the new world record Waterbuck posted here. Amazing similarity.
 
Nice trophies.
Welcome to AH.

I wonder if they managed to cross that "alpine water buck" (ibex) of yours with the new world record Waterbuck posted here. Amazing similarity.

Your right... Striking resemblance...:D
 
Welcome to AH GC!
 
Welcome to the forum:)
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the site. I have a 375 Ruger and have taken several plains game species with it, you're going to really like it!
 
Welcome, I'd love to hear a story about some those hunts in your pictures!
 
Welcome to AH GC!! You have some nice trophoes there.


I wonder if they managed to cross that "alpine water buck" (ibex) of yours with the new world record Waterbuck posted here. Amazing similarity.

I was thinking the same thing
 
Welcome! I love my .375 African. I'm sure you will as well. I've found mine shoots best with IMR 4350 about a grain off of max with 300 gr. Hornady rn. The .270 grain Hornady factory bullet is a little soft btw.
Good luck on your next trip. Where are you going?
 
I have been loading Barnes TSXes, both 270 and 300 gr, ahead of RL 15 powder. Accuracy has been excellent, especially with the 300 trainers, which have produced a couple of one- hole 100 yd. groups, and good velocity.
 
Welcome to AH GC! Glad you joined us, Enjoy.
 
Welcome to the forum, GC
 
Dear Geoclarkclark
Welcome to this great forum. Enjoy the participation and sharing your experiences. Enjoy the planning process of returning to Africa.
 
Welcome to the forum Geoclarkclark it is good to have you on board!

Leopard and Buffalo this sounds like a good hunt for Zambia?

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,402
Members
169,558
Latest member
Joneseleepe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top