DBateman

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SUQ. SCI International. SCI Downunder.
Hunted
Australia
Hi new guy here glad I found this place.

I have had an itch for a double rifle for sometime now and in my search I found this forum.

I also would like to hunt with my double rifle when I find what I want.

I am not sure why I want to do these things I just do, I currently own a few rifles and a couple of pistols i have been thinking of selling a few to make a little more room.

I've seen the 470NE and it seems to tickle my fancy but I have no idea how it recoils I have shot 375H&H no worries and a few other things like 300RUM so I don't know.

Anyways I'm off to go read a bit more on this forum.

Thanks Dave.

Dave

Welcome to AH

AT the top right you will find a search function to look for past forums topics to help you out.

gday dave welcome and enjoy the site
dont know bugger all about double rifles but theres plenty of blokes on here that do so youll havee plenty of advice comming your way soon .
the guys on here will help any way they can on any thing yoiu want to know about hunting and firearms
where abouts in aus are you from mate?:welcome:

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm in Mt Isa I've been here for a few years I am from NT I just moved down here for work.

i figured you were up north wanting a big banger to push over a buffalo or scrub bull.
has it stopped raining yet up your way?

It's pretty much stopped raining although it did rain the night before last but it was only a light shower.

There is still a fair bit of water laying around at the moment it should dry up in a few weeks or so.

Here's a photo I took the other day on my way home of some camels, sorry for the poor quality I took it with my phone.

image-3.jpg

Attachments

• image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 80
cool camel killing , that will be fun with a double;)

..yup, that about sums it up..but some of us do, so we'll help you out.. :biggrin2:

you must excuse our nambarigine friend he may of had vodka for breaky this morning

Welcome to AH Dave!

Welcome to AH Dave.
Plenty of double lovers on here that can shoot and will share it.

There does not have to be any reason to buy one I hear.

Camel hunting... Sounds like a

dont know bugger all about rifles or hunting...

..yup, that about sums it up..but some of us do, so we'll help you out.. :biggrin2:

Good shot... heard all around the world! Hilarious.

Welcome to AH, Dave!

Welcome to the Forum, Dave !

Welcome to AH Dave! See what your going to have to put up with hanging out with this great bunch of guys. Hope you find what your looking for.;)

:happywave: Welcome to the forum Dave, you're gonna love it here.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Welcome to AH Dave!
Happy hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.