Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congratulations, Username :thumb:

username

AH senior member
Reaction score
Thanks nyati! Think I will go for the extended magazine! ( 185 euros, 1 extra bullet in the mag).

Incredibly hard to get any info about the rifle though. Heym doesnt pick of the phone, dont reply to mails, dont have any broschures or option lists etc...

Best rifles in the world!
Worst marketing and customer service in the world ;)

I cant help but think they are fantastic value though, They have gone and tried to improve a very expensive to make hand-made Mauser 98 mechanism complete with controlled feed and extractor, with a rigby sporter style stock and design.

All for the price of a blaser. And this is coming from a blaser R93 owner! For what you get, blaser to me is very expensive. The action while well-designed doesnt excactly scream "premium.."

username

AH senior member
Reaction score
little update

Little update here. Heym Europe does not offer left-handed versions, so I ended up ordering a AHR DGR 550 in 375 H&H left hand from Wayne Jacobson, with open H&H style front sights.

Should be good.

35bore

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France
Little update here. Heym Europe does not offer left-handed versions, so I ended up ordering a AHR DGR 550 in 375 H&H left hand from Wayne Jacobson, with open H&H style front sights.

Should be good.

That a boy... Enjoy your 375 H&H, doubt you will have any regrets. Happy hunting and shooting.

username

AH senior member
Reaction score
yep

Thanks 35bore. Will have it regulated with Barnes TTSX 250g Bullets.
Should be a good shooter, wouldnt want to be at the wrong end of it....

For those interested, I also have a 7x57 on the way from Dorleac&Dorleac, in 7x57 and again express sights and nothing else.
Between the two, any type of game this battery wont be able to handle? ( elephants aside )

Swivel base on barrel.jpgRegulating 01.jpgSpecial front sight 01.jpgSpecial front sight 02.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyUnder

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh