Hey ya’ll from Kentucky

New member here from Kentucky. Hope everyone is staying happy and healthy during these strange times. I’ve been reading and researching for quite some time and decided to introduce myself. I’m a fairly young man but a gun/hunting nut none the less. I’ve been hunting big and small game for the last 20 years or so and have always admired Africa. I am in the process of some rifle builds and have been gathering inspiration from this forum. Hoping to make my way to the dark continent in 2022-2023 if possible.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Zgregory. There are lots of outfitter / sponsors on AH that can provide you with the hunt you are looking for. Some even have "bridal suites." Use the search function to discover previous posts on your specific topics of interest. Does your wife hunt at all, would she mind going out with you on one or two hunts? What are some of your ongoing rifle projects? BTW you might be surprised to learn that you can hunt PG in Africa for the same as a guided Elk hunt in the States.

Zgregory, welcome to the AH forum! Best of luck on both your “out west elk” and a grand trip to Africa!

Welcome to AH Zgregory. There are lots of outfitter / sponsors on AH that can provide you with the hunt you are looking for. Some even have "bridal suites." Use the search function to discover previous posts on your specific topics of interest. Does your wife hunt at all, would she mind going out with you on one or two hunts? What are some of your ongoing rifle projects? BTW you might be surprised to learn that you can hunt PG in Africa for the same as a guided Elk hunt in the States.
My wife isn’t a hunter but I know she would want to see all that she could while in the wilds of Africa. I am currently working on a commercial Mauser 98 action that will soon be getting a 7x57 barrel. And after reading many posts on this forum I’ve decided I need a 404 jeffery. I am currently pricing and getting things ordered for that build.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH. From Etown.

Welcome to AH!

Zgregory, congrats on your desire to build a 404 Jeffery. I hope you are retaining the services of a gunsmith that has done it successfully in the past. It involves more than just a barrel swap. BTW I own two 404 Jeffery caliber rifles and think the world of them.

Welcome to AH, greatest source of info for about anything I can think about of like minded people!
I'm about twenty miles south of Lexington. I would normally say GO CAT'S But I am frustrated
with all sports right now due to political correctness!!!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to the dark side, you picked a great place to plan your journey to Africa. Lots of enablers on here.

Welcome to AH, loads of info and discussions to join in on.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH. I’m originally from the Bluegrass state.

Welcome to the Family!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smits

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg