Drywaller44

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
How’s it going everybody? I’ve been researching on the forums for awhile now and figured I’d actually join up now that I’ve decided to go on a hunt to South Africa. I’ll be going with Game4Africa safaris for 8 full hunting days for plains game on the first week of May 2023 and I can’t wait. Wik the outfitter has been great to work with so far. He’s quick to respond to all of my questions, which has been a lot since I’m a first timer.
I’m just a construction worker that has never hunted outside of Missouri but Africa has always interested me since I was a kid. Thanks to a few podcasts that I’ve been listening to and this forum, it has made me comfortable enough to make this trip of a lifetime.
One thing I’m really interested in is learning about each species of plains game before I go over there. If any of you could recommend a book or link an article that would help me I’d appreciate it. I have ordered The Perfect Shot 2 already.

I’m headed there end of July this year with my wife and will do a write up when we get back. Wik and the family are wonderful, you are in for a grand adventure. Lots of good ph type folk in the east cape! Glad to have you on the forum-welcome!

Giday Drywaller44. Welcome to the A H forums.

I’m headed there end of July this year with my wife and will do a write up when we get back. Wik and the family are wonderful, you are in for a grand adventure. Lots of good ph type folk in the east cape! Glad to have you on the forum-welcome!
You two enjoy your trip, I’ll look forward to reading your write up when ya get back.

Welcome to AH Drywaller44!

:S Welcome: to AH!
The perfect shot 2 is a great book! I used that and also watched videos at YouTube University and read a lot on here.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome, I'm in Illinois just over the river from Stl. We're practically neighbors! This site has tons of good books as well as shot placement cards and good deals on targets. https://www.safaripress.com/

I posted a thread on their cheap buffalo targets but it got taken down or something happened to it idk. Anyway Welcome to the club!

Welcome, I'm in Illinois just over the river from Stl. We're practically neighbors! This site has tons of good books as well as shot placement cards and good deals on targets. https://www.safaripress.com/

I posted a thread on their cheap buffalo targets but it got taken down or something happened to it idk. Anyway Welcome to the club!
Thanks for the site link, quite a few book options there. Yea I live in Troy Mo but work mostly around the St Louis area.

Welcome drywaller44, what rifle will you be using?
Well to make it easier on me since I’ve never even been on a plane, I’m going to be renting a rifle from the outfitter. They’ve got 7mm mags so I’ve been practicing with my Sako s20 300 win mag off of sticks. I figured they should shoot similar. I love this gun and would like to take it but it just seems like it would be much simpler for me to use theirs for my first trip.

Drywaller44, welcome to the AH forum!you’re going to have an excellent new adventure! Be forewarned it’s highly addictive!
I’m just a construction worker
You mean one of those guys in the shadows that helped build America! Awesome!

Drywaller44, welcome to the AH forum!you’re going to have an excellent new adventure! Be forewarned it’s highly addictive!

You mean one of those guys in the shadows that helped build America! Awesome!
Lol that does make the job sound better than just drywall taper. Yea I’m afraid of it being addictive or at least having to try and explain to my wife why I may need to make another trip.

How’s it going everybody? I’ve been researching on the forums for awhile now and figured I’d actually join up now that I’ve decided to go on a hunt to South Africa. I’ll be going with Game4Africa safaris for 8 full hunting days for plains game on the first week of May 2023 and I can’t wait. Wik the outfitter has been great to work with so far. He’s quick to respond to all of my questions, which has been a lot since I’m a first timer.
I’m just a construction worker that has never hunted outside of Missouri but Africa has always interested me since I was a kid. Thanks to a few podcasts that I’ve been listening to and this forum, it has made me comfortable enough to make this trip of a lifetime.
One thing I’m really interested in is learning about each species of plains game before I go over there. If any of you could recommend a book or link an article that would help me I’d appreciate it. I have ordered The Perfect Shot 2 already.
Welcome to AH.

Hi Drywaller. Welcome to the forum. There are 2 of us on the forum, myself and Jeff505, in the St. Louis area. Send me a PM and I’d be happy to meet for drinks and share what we know about Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!