roxpop

Reaction score
Member of
NRA. TSRA
Hunted
SA
Trying to sell 375H&H Styer Mannlicher Model S Safari

:S Welcome:

Please read and follow the rules in the classified section regarding posting items for sale

Classifieds​

Post thread
PLEASE READ RULES BELOW & Consumer Tips to Avoid Internet Classified Scams BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CLASSIFIEDS!
RULES: Buy, sell, trade or want ads. The use of this site by members is a privilege that can be limited and/or revoked at any time, for any reason and/or any length of time. Please respect the rules of our community.
All transactions must be in accordance with all Country, State and Federal Laws. Private party Classifieds. No dealers, resellers or manufacturers. No commercial posts. No links. Don't post or offer an item that is not yours. For sale threads must have a price listed. Images need to be uploaded into your post and cannot be hosted or embedded from elsewhere. If you intend to list your item on another website/platform or if you already have it listed elsewhere please indicate this with the following wording in your listing: LISTED ELSEWHERE. Avoid listing Classifieds items simultaneously on auction site. Members will not have editing/deleting capability in the Classifieds after a half hour as we do not want users to change the post, offer or wanted ad after the fact and so that the buyer in case of a dispute can refer back to the original post, offer or wanted ad. Posts, offers or wanted ads are not deleted, they archive themselves with time. We reserve the right to edit, reject or cancel any post in the Classifieds section at any time. USE CAUTION in the Classifieds it is a use at your own risk forum for buyers and sellers alike, caveat emptor. Buyers and sellers assume any and all risks as AfricaHunting.com cannot and will not be responsible for any transaction. DO NOT post your personal information publicly! If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversations/Private Messages (PM) system. Make payment via an escrow service like Escrow.comwhenever possible. Once the item has been sold we request that we please indicate that in the thread.

If you use the Classifieds as a buyer or seller it would be a welcome gesture of reciprocation

Giday roxpop and welcome to the A H forums.

Hello Roxpop, welcome to AH. I hope you contribute more than a sal s ad!

Welcome welcome welcome
I have 2 of those rifles
Great guns

Welcome to AH roxpop!

Welcome to AH and the posting side! This forum has a wealth of information.

Welcome aboard!

Glad you joined in.

Welcome to AH! Don't sell your rifle.

Trying to sell 375H&H Styer Mannlicher Model S Safari

Hello roxpop,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Let us know a bit about yourself.
I clicked on your screen name and then on the “About” setting.
It shows you’ve hunted “plains game” in South Africa.
Did you use your .375 H&H Styer-Mannilcher rifle that time ?

The .375 H&H is my very favorite hunting cartridge of all time.
My .375 caliber rifle is a vintage and sadly now discontinued, Brno Model 602 Magnum Mauser derivative, with a now also sadly discontinued, Zeiss 4x scope, in Alaska Arms lever rings.
Whata peach !
Perhaps it’s a bit light for elephant or hippo on land, etc., and definitely a bit much for duiker, Alaska black tail deer, etc., but, this incredible cartridge has been doing it all for well over 100 years and still the best for a one rifle concept.

If you have a spare moment to write more, treat us to a hunting report and some photos.

Also when you have time, take a look into the Khomas Hunting and Fishing Safaris web site.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Ciao Velo Dog,
I shot a Sako chambered for the infamous 375 H&H while in Africa so long ago. I purchased this Steyr about 30 years ago with plans to return to Africa but it never happened...and never will. This rifle has had less than a box fired through it and is in pristine condition having been locked in a safe all these years. If I had some genuine interest in the rifle I would dig to the back of my safe and retrieve the beauty for a photo shoot.

Ciao Velo Dog,
I purchased this Steyr about 30 years ago with plans to return to Africa but it never happened...and never will. This rifle has had less than a box fired through it and is in pristine condition having been locked in a safe all these years. If I had some genuine interest in the rifle I would dig to the back of my safe and retrieve the beauty for a photo shoot.
Would posting some photos of the rifle help in the selling of it ?

I certainly would never buy a rifle without seeing some fairly detailed photos of it, especially highlighting any flaws. Photos are pretty much a pre-requisite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg