Hello

moosemike

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
US
Hi all. Hunting is my thing and I've hunted around the states some and managed to fill some of my hunting dreams here in the US. But I grew up reading the likes of Capstick, Hunter, Ruark, Taber, and Neumann (no WDM Bell yet but I'm going to make him a priority) so I've got this Africa dream planted deep inside and it's a goal of mine to make it happen. Like I said I've got to hunt some things that I wanted to here in the states and fulfill some dreams already and I'm at a point in my life where I want to shift my focus to Africa. So here I am and I've come to learn. Thanks for having me!:thumb:

Welcome Moosemike,

You could not have picked a better resource to do reasearch and get advice about hunting Africa. Lots of knowledgeable, and experienced folks on here always eager to help...

moosemike welcome to AH, and dont wait too long before you head over to africa or you will kick yourself for waiting so long!! :)

I agree. I'm not 40 years of age yet but I'm close enough to see it from here.:D I figure I want to devote my forties to getting out and doing some international hunts! A get-out-and-see-the-world kind of thing.

Welcome to AH.

Good luck with your planning.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH MooseMike! Good luck with your plannig and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome to AH moosemike! Nice top have you with us...

welcome and enjoy the site moosemike
ive just started reading capstik and I rekon he would've been a character in the field
ive got the last ivory hunter here right now

Good luck on your quest, you have certainly joined the right comunity in order to familiarize yourself with hunting in Africal, feel free to ask questions, and be prepared to be bombed with awnsers.

Best Regards

Welcome to AH moosemike! Enjoy the site, lot's of friendly guys and good advice, along with some of the best PH's and outfitters in Africa! Brian

Welcome to the forum.
It is the perfect forum for anyone interested to hunt in Africa.
Lots of great and helpful members here.

Welcome to the forum, Moosemike !

Welcome to the site :)

My best always

Welcome to the forum Moosemike,try and get books from Ron Thomson you will enjoy him!

Hello Moosemike.
Welcome to the site. If you starting to think of some African hunting you have come to the right place, this site will give you all the information you need.
Feel free to contact us for any information needed. Enjoy your planning and i hope your trip to SA comes together nicely.
Have you had any thoughts regarding where in African you were hoping to hunt, when and what animals you are considering.
Good hunting planning!!!
Kelvin

I'm most interested in Kudu and Gemsbok. Cape Buffalo is a major interest of mine and I'd hope to get a Red Hartebeest. I'm mostly thinking of the RSA or Namibia because I'm not ready for a rough and raw hunt like Tanzania and I don't want to lose my gun in Zimbabwe because it's "Mugabe's birthday" or so I've been told.:D

Hello Moosemike,

Very nice ideas on animal choices all great species. Of course the kudu is one of the favourites for African plains game, he is such a majestic animal. When you are actually out hunting them, the experience is unforgettable! I could go on and on... The Gemsbuck and Red Hartebeest are also great trophies, and of course the Buff is self explanatory!!! He is the beast of Africa.
Look forward to seeing some great trophy photos. Have you had any thoughts of when you were hoping to hunt this dream?
Regards,
Kelvin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg